What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wednesday I took my VFT to school.

You should have "wowed" them with the origin of the plant's name -- and you'd enjoy a week of suspension . . .

You should have "wowed" them with the origin of the plant's name -- and you'd enjoy a week of suspension . . .

"You know that famous painting of Venus coming out of the clamshell? Well, it looks sorta like a clamshell in the right light. Professor Johnson, why are you snickering?" *Innocent Whistling*

when i have presented to various schools on carnivorous plants, the one question that stuck out was "What happens if you put a rock in it?" Curious children.

I believe Bigbella is referring to tipitiwichits. Please forgive my spelling.

Instead of calling the questions of your classmates "stupid", why don't you educate them about your VFT? And CP's in general?? Tell them what is and isn't, what it can do and what it can not do etc.

It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness, you know. ;)

You could quite possibly make some new CP converts and make some new friends with which to trade plants.

Oh no in the actual situation I tried to educate them of course, haha. I'm not that bad.

When you're older the questions people ask about CPs don't get any more intelligent.

"Can you get high on it?"

"no"

"why would you grow it then?"

"um..."

I hate it when stupid kids tell you your wrong when you know WAY more about something than they do.

I mean, "Put a piece of sausage in it!" Lol, Wouldn't fit and it would kill the plant. :p

hehe i know wat u mean :) i dont dare bring my cp's 2 school 1st reason im in public school they will murder it 2nd reason there stupid in the ways on cp's one kid thought VFT are a myth i prefer to keep my collection to me , tf and the NECPS

hehe i know wat u mean :) i dont dare bring my cp's 2 school 1st reason im in public school they will murder it 2nd reason there stupid in the ways on cp's one kid thought VFT are a myth i prefer to keep my collection to me , tf and the NECPS

Sounds like you have some pretty dumb kids at your school! I do aswell.

hehe YEP

I have all my co-workers wowed. Today I brought a piece of Aldrovanda, and they stopped work to go look at it. Of course, the microscopes help alot. :D

I brought almost half of my collection to school and now I got one of my friends into the hobby, and my class thinks I'm popular or something. Its awesome.

Back