What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny wikipedia find

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
I was checking the spelling of Dionaea (at this hour my Latin spelling ability is close to zero) and saw this summary for the VFT Wikipedia page on Google:
Venus Fly Traps can grow up to 20 feet tall. It's a scientific fact. The Venus Flytrap, Dionaea muscipula, is a carnivorous plant that catches and digests animal prey—mostly insects and arachnids.
As they say on 4chan:
958049-i_lold_large.jpg

It's transient and will probably update soon, but here's the page cached on Google:
http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...y+trap&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari
~Joe

Lol. I just checked and it's not there anymore. :p

Are you sure you weren't reading the listing for the spoof Wikipedia site?

I'm 100% sure. The domain was en.wikipedia.org. I quoted from it at about midnight last night my time. The real Wikipedia page had already been fixed - I only saw it on Google's cache. I'm a little surprised that it's been refreshed; I though the Google spiders usually had at least a week or so between updates.
~Joe

I guess I never knew how to spell Dionaea. Also didn't know they got to 20ft tall. Most of mine are 10-15ft.

lol, some people refuse to be told they are wrong and do anything to prove they are right. Also it reminds me of professor wikipedia. XD

20ft...must be a new cultivar lol

Back