What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT Passive Hydroponics

Hi,

I'm sure that many of you are aware of my VFT hydroponics experiment that had been running since 2009. That experiment uses an active hydroponics called Deep Water Culture (DWC). Whilst it has been successful, the complexity of the setup may put some people off of trying it, so this year I have decided to set up a passive hydroponics (hydroculture) system. This consists of a traditional setup of pot and saucer but with rockwool cubes as the growing media. The saucer will be kept topped up with rainwater with Orchid Ultra (fulvic and humic acid) added at a dilution rate of 5ml/litre. The clone is unknown but it is a red form and it will be grown under a fluorescent light which is on for 14 hours/day.

Here's the first set of pictures. I will keep updating them as the season progresses.

march_2010_1.jpg

march_2010_2.jpg

march_2010_3.jpg

Nice. These experiment threads drive me crazy though! I demand you acquire a time machine and show us instant results. :)
~Joe

Nice. These experiment threads drive me crazy though! I demand you acquire a time machine and show us instant results. :)
~Joe
I'll have a dig around in my loft this weekend to see if I can find my flux capacitor :-))

Back