What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Plants

Timmy

BANNED
I bought a Sarracenia Purpurea, A couple Typical Dionaea. Except, one was very intriguing. The teeth were VERY gapped, and the little knum on the ends of each lobe had a teeth or two, all traps on it has those, tomorrow a new one is probably gonna open. Its pretty small but I would trade it when I get pics. I'm sure SDCP's wants it :-D

why do u want to trade every plant you get. every thread i see of yours always involves you wanting to trade. just curious but why ?

here two.....?

what does you vft indentification have to do with you trading everything?

typical cube vfts are often weird... I have one without teeth. Doesn't mean it's anything special, doesn't mean the icps wants it...

Read again, naich.
Its not just death cube vft's, its TC plants. I also said SDCP not ICPS

once again timmy, it seams like once u get something u want to trade it immediatly. so why ?

Jimmy your never really going to get anywhere with your collection if you trade out everything as soon as you get it, plus im pretty sure 95% of us have as many flytraps as we want/need. not to say that people wont trade for one, but deathcube/TC mutations are pretty common now, and what you may be seeing as a mutation might simply be a side effect of being light starved and the plant might revert to normal growth as soon as it is placed into proper lighting....
At any rate, not trying to rain on your parade, but i do think you need to start keeping your plants atleast for awhile to decide if you like them, etc.
If you ever get heavy into the Nepenthes hobby, its pretty key to not trade or get rid of your plants as soon as you get them, A. because of unnecessary stress on the plant, and B. because you can never really appreciate the plants properly and gain experiance until you have them for awhile...

These threads crack me up. Wow, it's hilarious to think it's so special when it comes from the same batch of TC'd plants.... Timmy if you were to actually give that plant a few months or even weeks in proper conditions, you'll see it's just like any other 'typical'!

exactly petmantis, my point EXACTLY.

very few of the mutations of these plants that come from TC are actually stable and most revert to a typical stage after being adjusted to appropriate conditions, many of the "mutations" out there in TC i wouldn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole anyhow lol since many of them are just unsightly, all be it unique and interesting, they are usually not relevant to my interest haha, doesn't mean they aren't to many others however...

Alright SK, and P.S. I look forward to changing my name to Jimmy.

Timmy, i typoed your name, big deal. no need to get offended about it, i was voicing my opinion, along with others, you are trading your plants off as soon as you get them, it builds no experience for you.

timmy404.jpg

I think I have a bunch of those in Lowe's just don;t wanna to waste $ on them. give it some time and let it have proper condition and see, what is this plant really is. I can make a bunch of deform trap and mutation trap by not giving it proper condition. it doesn;t mean its a new plant.

AT ALL!!!

hahahhahahahahaahahhahahahahha

BTW tim i meant no disrespect just goofing.

Back