What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BIG VFT vs. SMALL VFT

I have two VFTs in my collection, both typicals. One turns very red when growing full size traps, and the other stays green with a little tint of pink. The small VFT was stunned by the big one.
I got the big one from NJnewbie, small from Lowes.
The big one grows upright, while the stunned one used to grow into rosette form.
Big one is 3 in.

BEFORE, big VFT chocking small VFT.
100_3507-1.jpg

AFTER, I had to repot both plants. They have lots of room to grow now.
100_3538-2.jpg

That "big" VFT is a nice looking plant.

Have you considered separate bedrooms?

I just figure if they each have their own pot, you won't be running into the same exact situation again by the end of the season.

Last edited:
Have you considered separate bedrooms?

I just figure if they each have their own pot, you won't be running into the same exact situation again by the end of the season.

I spaced them out appropriately so that they won't crowd each other as much root wise. The leaves may overlap later on in the season but the roots would not be too crowded.

I doubt the big VFT "stunned" or "chocked" the small one..
the small one just happens to be small..which has nothing to do with the big one.. ;)

Scot

Last edited:
Thats a very nice little clump you have growing there!

Back