Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VFT's and Sarracenia in freezing rain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VFT's and Sarracenia in freezing rain

This are some pics of my VFT's and Sarracenia in freezing rain, the leafs, tubes of Sarracenia were completely frozen, be careful when leaving them outside in freezing rain, because everything was frozen solid you need to be careful because heavy frozen rain can break the leafs, and it would be a shame to loss all of the CP's just because of frozen rain, i left them for 8 hours, and brought them in immediately, they all look amazing frozen, they look like crystals!!!!!!!!!!
    Enjoy the pics! the best pics are pic # ***3+,6, 8,9
    VFT's

Dionaea 'Cupped Trap':

Dionaea 'Dentate':

Sarracenia:

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-14-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool where do you live i had freezing rain a few days ago to and it's ok to leave them out inthe freezing rain it happens in thw wild to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that most Sarracenia and vfts would never experience this in the wild, eou812 (S. purpurea an exception of course)
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-14-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool series of photos!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually SD, most VFTs and Sarrs DO experience this in the wild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring frozen VFTs straight into room temperature is a good way of turning them to mush :-o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right Alexis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eou812 View Post
    Cool where do you live i had freezing rain a few days ago to and it's ok to leave them out inthe freezing rain it happens in thw wild to them.
    Hi,
    i live in cary nc, and yes, it is ok for VFT's and Sarracenia specially S. rubra (S. rubra is found in lake waccamaw, as well as a Pingucula, and a Drosera) to experience freezing rain, i live 3 hours away from lake waccamaw, the place where the vft's live, the place is NOT wilmington NC, where the VFT is found is 40 minutes away from wilmington, the place is lake waccamaw, nc. While we had freezing rain in here, in lake waccamaw was raining with a mix of freezing rain, when we had 8 inches of snow in here it was snowing 3 inches of snow in lake waccamaw, so it is totally alright for them to experience low temps( right now is 30F in lake waccamaw, and guess what, today it will go down to 20F), the difference where i live is just by 2 to 3 degrees(and temps hasn't gone up to the 40F, so it should be cold there a lot), monitor closely the weather in lake waccamaw, maybe your plants can live outside in your climate( http://www.wunderground.com/US/NC/Lake_Waccamaw.html )

Sorry for the late replay, i was wondering if someone knew how to look at the posts that i write, i had to scroll pages to find this posting again, is there anyway i can look at the posts i have wrote before without having through scroll to all the new postings?, and when i make a new posting, how do i know if someone answer like in this one?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-14-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Nomenclature adjustment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast