What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HALP! Rotting VFT

From the facts presented here I can conclude that USPS Priority mail (or express mail) is the safest way to ship CPs during the winter.

Matt has the best evidence:

"Steve and I have shipped probably over 100 orders during the winter months via USPS Priority Mail and we've not yet had one customer report that the plants were frozen upon arrival."

True that. I wonder what's different about their distribution system that seems to safeguard plants from the elements. Climate controlled sorting facilities or vans? More direct trucking routes? Air transit for long-haul, cross-country deliveries? I know that my UPS shipments went via ground...

My Venus flytrap from the giveaway came home fine and it was ups it was the fastest i have ever gotten any plant 2 days.

Well, when I received mine we had the coldest temperatures on record.

Yeah, I imagine that it does happen from time to time. But Steve and I have shipped probably over 100 orders during the winter months via USPS Priority Mail and we've not yet had one customer report that the plants were frozen upon arrival.

I have also shipped hundreds of orders through USPS over the past couple winters and have had very good results. I add 72-hour chemical heat packs when the weather looks especially severe, but I have yet to determine how necessary that is.

Well any news on it perking up the rotting venus flytrap?

Back