What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dionaea 'Korean Melody Shark'

For those of you who haven't seen photos of this newly registered cultivar, below are a few I took recently. This is a very odd looking flytrap and not like any other clone I've ever seen. The petioles are long and thin like spaghetti noodles and the traps are poorly formed, almost like Dionaea 'Wacky Traps'. It's a really unique and interesting Venus fly trap clone and I'm really liking it so far.
Korean_Melody_Shark3.jpg

Korean_Melody_Shark4.jpg

Korean_Melody_Shark13.jpg

Korean_Melody_Shark7.jpg

Korean_Melody_Shark12.jpg

korean_melody_shark_cultivar_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor thing.....:-))

You got one already?! Wow... :0o:

And I think it's cute, thanks for sharing :p

Interesting...

Wow i want one!

I want one too!!!

Nice, I liked!

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

That last one looks like a face with the trigger hairs and the the side of the trap the way they are. Cool little VFT..

I want one three!

Dionaea 'Korean Melody Shark'. Brings back memories of those Korean dramas that my parents watched. Any reason for the name?

Last edited by a moderator:
That last one looks like a face with the trigger hairs and the the side of the trap the way they are. Cool little VFT..
Hah, yeah, it does! I never noticed that!

Beautiful... Added it to my wantlist... :D

I just have to go against the grain :) :

That thing looks to be slow-growing, has more than 6 trigger hairs, and doesn't seem capable of catching much.

I definitely don't want it.

That thing looks to be slow-growing, has more than 6 trigger hairs, and doesn't seem capable of catching much.

I definitely don't want it.
Hah, how can you look at a few pictures of a plant and determine it to be slow growing? In fact, it's really not slow growing. At least it's not slower growing than the average flytrap and perhaps slightly faster growing than the average flytrap. But they all grow kind of slow compared to many other plants, so perhaps that's what you meant :)

But I do see why it's a plant that wouldn't appeal to everyone. Many people don't like the freaks and this flytrap is definitely a freak.

Hah, how can you look at a few pictures of a plant and determine it to be slow growing? In fact, it's really not slow growing. At least it's not slower growing than the average flytrap and perhaps slightly faster growing than the average flytrap. But they all grow kind of slow compared to many other plants, so perhaps that's what you meant :)

But I do see why it's a plant that wouldn't appeal to everyone. Many people don't like the freaks and this flytrap is definitely a freak.

Can you feed it? Looks like the leaves will fall over with a slight breeze, let alone a cricket leg...

I took pics of the rhizome if anyone is interested:
P3100021.jpg

P3100022.jpg

Yes, I have fed Korean Melody Shark meal worms, but the leaves tend to fall over when they catch anything. And sometimes they just fall over from the weight of the trap. Hah!

Last edited:
I like the long petioles, and that name is fantastic. :D

Back