What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremiah's Fly Traps

Here are a few early season Fly Traps. They are not at their best yet but I will add more photos here as the summer progresses.

D. 'B52'
2011-5-25-Dionaea-muscipula-B52.JPG

2011-5-25-Dionaea-muscipula-B52-7.JPG

2011-5-25-Dionaea-muscipula-B52-6.JPG

2011-5-25-Dionaea-muscipula-B52-5.JPG

2011-5-25-Dionaea-muscipula-B52-4.JPG

2011-5-25-Dionaea-muscipula-B52-3.JPG

2011-5-25-Dionaea-muscipula-B52-2.JPG

D. 'Fused Tooth'
2011-5-25-Dionaea-muscipula-Fused-Tooth.JPG

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Very nice, Jeremiah. I too am looking forward to seeing my plants this Summer . . .

That poor little wind scorpion.

Yeah they are cute little guys. This time of year any insects and arachnids I find I hand feed to my flytraps

-Jeremiah-

Your flytraps are so incredible!!! Wowww!!! :love:

Nice i like your little bogs of VFTs.

Was that a.. wind scorpion? In Colorado?!?! Do you raise them for feeding, or do I need to go back to Entomology class? I thought they were a desert species.

Yeah, they definitely are found in wild here.

-Jeremiah-

Great looking flytraps!

@mass - I have been to Denver and it is a fairly arid place. I guess technically they are semi-arid (according to google).

Excellent plants and photos. Especially love the b52. Such a great cultivar. We have solifugae all over out here also, but I haven't seen any yet this year.

Amazing flytraps! I LOVE the colours!!! Awesome photos too, the clarity is nice.

Gorgeous traps.. I am probably the biggest dionaea fan here and grower besides the huge ones liek bob z and stuff so these are the kind of pics I like to see around lol!! are they in natural ligh? mine under t5's about 8 inches from 5000 lumen bulbs arent that red YET

Gorgeous traps.. I am probably the biggest dionaea fan here and grower besides the huge ones liek bob z and stuff so these are the kind of pics I like to see around lol!! are they in natural ligh? mine under t5's about 8 inches from 5000 lumen bulbs arent that red YET

I find it impossible with some clones to get colour like that under artificial lights. Even in the fall they aren't that deep red.

Thanks guys.

There is nothing in the world like a well grown Fly Trap, just spectacular.

I'll have to get some more photos next time I get a chance.

Here is how I grow most of my collection plants.
DSC_9876.JPG

DSC_9865.JPG

They are in 12" pots with a drip irrigation line going to each one. Since I don't use RO water for any of my plants I just let the excess water drip though. Like BigBella was saying in the other thread I find repotting VFT yearly does wonders. I repot all mine in late February early March. They are grown on the south side of the greenhouse with no shade cloth.

I also have a ton of VFTs in 3 1/2 pots that I use the tray method with great success. Here are a few in flower...
DSC_0177.JPG

Your growspace never ceases to dazzle me...I look forward to seeing more :love:

Wowza! I am totally jealous of anyone's healthy flytraps, and yours certainly add to it.

I can't seem to grow a darned one of them. I probably need grow lights. :(

Phenomenal looking plants!

Great looking plants Jeremiah!

Your mini bogs are just awesome! :drool:

Wooow. They're such a nice color!

Back