What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The spider that decided to use my VFT as an assualt course...

It seems as if somehow this spider has dealt with fly traps before...

IMG_2486-1.jpg

IMG_2500-1.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

In the end it it made camp in my Ventrata... Spider 1, CP 0

Nice series of photos. It's amazing how well spiders can get around on flytraps without tripping any of the traps :)

Yeh they seem to be more than a match for most CPs apart from sundews ^^ although it is especially incredible on a flytrap, especially because on of my traps has 5 trigger hairs o_O

I've only seen one spider escape a VFT before, and it was a small one like this. They no match for my ventrata though, it has 3 in one pitcher.

Sweet pics. For some reason I feel that spiders don't deserve to die in carnivorous plants... I'm not really sure why I think this though, it just seems wrong. :p

Thanks! Yeh me too, theres just something about them that makes their life seem more meaningful than your average fly..

Nice series of photos. It's amazing how well spiders can get around on flytraps without tripping any of the traps :)

...except for daddylonglegs. They're not terribly nimble!

Back