1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sulfur also works on mites. not sure how it affect CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayer Natria with sulfur and pyrethrins works wonders... Make sure not to grab the soap based one...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what did you end up using and was the problems solved?

I just noticed deformed leaves on my nepenthes and after starring at a slightly redish small dot on it noticed that it moves... got mites. For now sprayed the plant and all neighboring plants with Neem Oil.
    Went through the entire collection, it seems it was localized to the nep. only (it stood on the windowsill for a while).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to add a word (or words) of caution about Sulfur based insecticides/fungicides.

I ended up getting one of the recommended products Bayer Natria and used it on little N. ventrata. First and most obvious ofcourse: avoid using any chemical based treatments at home. With Natria, the smell of sulfur will follow you for a while as well.
    Second: When using Natria you can't avoid getting some of the formulation into the soil. There is a lot of sulfur in the product and after about 4 days the pot started to smell strongly of Hydrogen Sulfide. Bacteria busy at work It's gotten so bad that I was forced to dump the soil and gave the plant a bath.

Additionally I could see a thin film of sulfur on the leaves once the spray dried. 10 days later (now) leaves started turn yellow.

So there you go I think I'll just get pyrethrins only miticide in the future (since I've used it with success before).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure I've managed to get rid of all of them using some standard insecticide (sulfur free). New traps have been grown which are pretty small but all look healthy (: just in time for dormancy! ^^ thanks for the advice and concern!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12