Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Venus Flytrap Pics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear you people are magicians! How in the heck do you do that? I can grow villosa.. but not a VFT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    I swear you people are magicians! How in the heck do you do that? I can grow villosa.. but not a VFT.
    I just started putting them outside in the sun, and off they went. I know what you are saying, though. There are still some plants I can't seem to get away with growing well for some reason. For instance, N. ventricosa used to be in my "can't grow that" category (N. Ventricosa!). That finally got sorted out, magically and without my skill, but it was maddening for a while because everyone else seemed to find them so incredibly easy to grow.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would happen if you made holes in the sides of the pots? Would they start growing and making psuedo "branches" with traps out of them?

And if you divided the pots, about how many plants do you think you'd end up with? I mean, what do you do when you repot them? Do you just end up with bigger and bigger pots until they're an area the size of your house and start eating neighborhood pets? How do you deal with the national guard?

SO MANY QUESTIONS.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like if you set off one it would create a domino effect! Amaazing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silenceisgod View Post
    What would happen if you made holes in the sides of the pots? Would they start growing and making psuedo "branches" with traps out of them?

And if you divided the pots, about how many plants do you think you'd end up with? I mean, what do you do when you repot them? Do you just end up with bigger and bigger pots until they're an area the size of your house and start eating neighborhood pets? How do you deal with the national guard?

SO MANY QUESTIONS.
    I prefer that the National Guard doesn't get involved. I can't remember how many individuals I planted in those two pots when I repotted in the spring, but I had about that many extras from what I thinned out of last year's growth. As for the safety of the neighborhood pets, a few of the local cats did go missing one year, and the neighbors were regarding me with suspicion, but they couldn't prove anything and nothing ever came of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a lot of traps! I've never seen a carpeting that thick and healthy. How long did it take for them to fill the pots? And they're so red! Mine are in full sun and barely have any red...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To feed them, I bet you just take ants and drop them over. You don't have to force them into the traps.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast