Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chompy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try to flood the media then.
    If i do throw out the mold chunks everytime they show up, ill end up with no soil for the plants to grow in. I always throw it away, and it keeps appearing again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    throw out the stuff before you flood, or you'll be washing the media with mold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as far as repotting goes... if it has been at least a few weeks since your last repot then I'd go for it... but keep in mind that continually repotting might lead you to believe whatever problem you were trying to fix in the first place is still happening, even though you really may have fixed the problem with your first repot and now you're just pissing your plant off by disturbing it so much after the initial upset. generally every time i've repotted more frequently than that i've ended up killing my plants.

if you think it's time to take drastic measures, one thing you could do is get some sulfur-based fungicide (not sure what is readily available in your country... just stay away from anything with copper in it) and drench the surface of the soil with it every week, making sure to flush it well afterwards. if you do repot, it might help to give the roots a nice soak with fungicide (and a thorough rinse afterwards).

EDIT: *IF* you decide another repot is necessary, you might want to sterilize your media before doing that. i see you followed the instructions on growsundews.com for rinsing the peat, but that won't remove all mold and algal spores... just *most* of them. some people boil or microwave their media before using it (obviously letting it cool completely first). there are other threads here about how to do that. just my $.02... but, only repot again if all other options have failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a problem?Burn it down. Huh... :P I will try to was the media first. If the plants held up with this much heroism until now, they will handle a little bit with a better washed soil. If they will still not thrive, i'll change the media. Now im thinking, if they are in this situation, would be ok to give them dormancy.
    One interesting fact: last winter when i wanted to give the mother plant a dormancy period of 3 months, I've put her upstairs, cause my gf is living in an appartment at the last floor, in a room with around 5*C, little to no light, for like i said, 3 months. She had the best time of her life in that "cave". She was green, healthy, nice looking and hard leaves. So i reckon she didnt had a dormancy last winter....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12