Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeding during dormancy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much the worst time of year to buy a VFT..
    it should be fully dormant right now, and there isnt much you can do with it except it keep it dormant until spring..(would be much better to simply wait until sprint to buy it..)

I think we determined earlier that Delaware is borderline safe for outdoor dormancy, so are you just planning to keep the plant outdoors for now? if so, it should be fine..assuming its a plant that is already dormant. do you know if the place you bought it from sells dormant VFTs during the winter?

Scot

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, i told him to contact the seller and askif they are dormant of not cuz if they are out of tc then they might not be. but if they are i would let it stay dormant till march

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I contacted him about it and he said they were going dormant and that he kept them in a greenhouse that never dropped below 40 so my plan was to just keep them outside. Yeah, I realized that it was a bad time to buy them after I had already purchased them but there isn't anything I can do now but wait until spring. Thanks for all the great help/advice... Signed-Total Noob
    "The rush of battle is a potent and often lethal addiction, for war is a drug..." -Chris Hedges journalist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I bought my 2 dentes 2 multifida extremas and 1 laueana in the beginning of february so it couldnt be any colder out and they all are alive and thriving now!!!!! My first cps :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so it's been one week and the plants are now settled into their home and the VTFs especially look deflated. The Ryu has about 6-7 traps on it and only one of them has reopened. The plant is still green and isnt dried out or anything. Is this normal or is there something I'm missing? The much smaller common VFT its very green and none of those traps have reopened. Should I be worried? Again, sorry if this is a stupid question...
    "The rush of battle is a potent and often lethal addiction, for war is a drug..." -Chris Hedges journalist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12