What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thag's pics of flytraps

Thagirion

Budgies are best
Here are some of my flytraps this year. They're comming up nicely.

6827693636_ccc5262e8c_z.jpg

This is a Big Mouth. When I got it it was teeny tiny and I didn't think it would make it.

6727499185_214c507ccf_z.jpg

Here's what it looked like when I got it. Two of the leaves died and I thought it was over. So I'm happy to see it making this progress.

6827694002_49ea505fbe_z.jpg

A typical form I got from a Lowe's cube last year. Looks like it's turned into three over the winter. It had long stalks when I got it. Anyone know if it will get tall again?

6973811421_ca99d4d26a_z.jpg

And lastly a B52. I hope it will color up. It's definitely much bigger than last year. I hope to get some new types since these have been easy to grow and I only have these three.

That's terrific. I love seeing healthy Dioneae

Cool flytraps. I also noticed they do well in airy media. I hope my dc xl and kms arrives soon.

Thanks Dexenthes.
oen13, thanks. CD XL is one I'd like to get eventually too. I know that anticipation.

Nice flytraps! You're making me excited for spring. :p

Thanks. I think spring is the best season of the year.

Nice plants. As for the long stalks I think flytraps put out short and fat ones late season and long ones when it's really hot, or the other way around not sure.

Thanks, sss.
Got some new ones in.

New flytraps by Thagirion3, on Flickr

They're not much to look at right now but I'm sure they'll grow. The upper right is a pot of Fused Tooth. Can't wait for those to grow. The two bottom ones are Low Giant.

Back