What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DroseraBug

Grow Pitcher Plants!
Wanted to share photos of some I've been watching. Two in particular are really pretty flytraps.

vft "Big Snap" I've been calling it "Apocalypse". It has traps not quite as large as 'B52' or some of the other big trap varieties but very close. What make it stand out is the plant itself gets huge and the leaves very long and spreads quicker than any in my collection.

DSC06054.jpg

I planted my largest specimen (one plant) in this jumbo pot in spring. It has since spread into 3 or four extra plantlets. The growing habits seem to exhibit large trap/leaves in spring and then summer spreading. A typical vft on your left and "clumping cultivar" on right. This plant continues to impress me. I would like to trade a few out this winter so that others can enjoy it.
DSC06051.jpg

Vft "J55"
DSC06035.jpg

DSC06036.jpg

I'll post more later.

Wouldn't mind having that Big Snap in my flytrap pool...

That sucker looks great Vic. Keep up the nice work!

Very nice Vic!

Looking real good, Vic!

AWESOME COLLECTION I WANT TO HAVE AS MANY PLANTS AS YOU :p

Thank you and thanks for observing. The "Big Snap" that I've been propagating was from a batch of ICPS seed that I received and germinated in 2007. I've grown flytraps for a long time and it is one of the biggest I've seen (all around plant size). I'll send some out this winter or spring. "J55" is what I've been calling many offspring from a 'Jaws' x "1955" cross a few years back. I like the 'Jaws' traps and love how vigorous "1955" grows for me. Here is a photo of one that looks more like 'Jaws' but hopefully will get really vigorous with age similar to what I've observed with "1955". I'll post more with traps that are looking neat soon. They appear to have spears that are forked. Maybe you vft heads have seen that before? I'll post more soon.

DSC06046.jpg

DSC06044.jpg

Nice traps! :D Would you be interested in working out a trade for the 'Big Snap' later on for an equal sized (I think) "King Henry" venus flytrap? :-D

Vic! Post more flytrap pictures!

Nice photos. Your plants look very healthy, congrats :-D
Thanx for sharing.

Vic! Post more flytrap pictures!

More later. Thanks.

"B01"

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

"Guava Sawtooth"

DSC_0117.jpg

'Bristletooth'

DSC_0096.jpg

seed grown cross 'Jaws' x "1955" few clones

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

'Ginormis'
DSC_0092.jpg

"Spider"
DSC_0083.jpg

"Yellow"
DSC_0082.jpg

"Burbanks Best"
DSC_0076-2.jpg

"CPP-Big Snap"
DSC_0314.jpg

very nice growing , your vft's look great guy.
thanks for the work on the photos.

Beautiful i kno 3 little Girls in my prog. who would love to see that picture of yr guava sawtooth! Since they have put it on their list of wanted plants when we do trade and donation lists to put up around our town! :) thanks for sharing :)

I got a Guava Sawtooth on ebay recently with multiple small growth points. I just thought it was a seed grown that some idiot named. Glad To See I Was Wrong and Got something unique. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Beautiful! You should take a picture of all your "giants" compared to that apocalypse vft.

They look beautiful and have great color! Always love looking at the VFT pics regardless how old the threads are.. Think it's time for an update after dormant season !!

Back