User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bohemian Garnet just won't grow!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    To be perfectly clear on this: these are plants grown from seed, and they are now 8 months old from germination?! Forgive me if I am skeptical.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello
    I sow vfts seeds in june 2012, and right now my plants are almost adults, 6inches leaves with 1inch traps.
    I dont think your problem is the soil. Look like ok for now. Same for light.
    The secret is nutrition. I feed my seedlings since the first week. Tiny dryed blood worm pieces for tiny little trap. I feed my plant every 2 week. One touch for closing trap, and gentle tap the trap 30mins later with fingers, that help sealing trap for enzyme production and digestion.

I feed all my cps with DBW.

Maiden

Almost adults in undera year? That's a phenomenon. Vfts usually take 3-5 yearsto hit adulthood "maturity".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, seeds sow may 2012, and this video is from yesterday i had a germination in 4-5 weeks

I take your words as a compliment Thanks a lot.
    I told you, give your plant some azote(insects) each week or so, you will fastfoward the development.

Edit: I will told you my culture conditions:
    - In a terrarium at 65-90% RH
    - Sunblaster 48" with nanotech reflector.
    (sunblasterlighting.com)
    - Soil 50%peat moss
    25%perlite
    25%orchids mix
    -Temps 24-28C days
    15-19C nights
    - one little piece of dryed blood worm each plant, each week.
    -And always keep your plants on the dry side.
    I water them once a week.(Sometimes less(at 90%RH))
    And i skip the first dormancy. They had tropical conditions all winter long.
    *Follow this, and you will have big thriving plants.

By the way, i sow sarracenia minor at the same moment. Right now, the seedling are 25cm tall, with 12-15 traps.

You should take my advices, not challenging me. I try to help ya guys with my culture conditions, Its not a obligation for me telling you my methods.

Cheers
    Last edited by Maiden; 02-27-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Because im a freak

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    To be perfectly clear on this: these are plants grown from seed, and they are now 8 months old from germination?! Forgive me if I am skeptical.
    Yep, seeds sow may 2012, and this video is from yesterday i had a germination in 4-5 weeks

I take your words as a compliment Thanks a lot.
    I told you, give your plant some azote(insects) each week or so, you will fastfoward the development.

Edit: I will told you my culture conditions:
    - In a terrarium at 65-90% RH
    - Sunblaster 48" with nanotech reflector.
    (sunblasterlighting.com)
    - Soil 50%peat moss
    25%perlite
    25%orchids mix
    -Temps 24-28C days
    15-19C nights
    - one little piece of dryed blood worm each plant, each week.
    -And always keep your plants on the dry side.
    I water them once a week.(Sometimes less(at 90%RH))
    And i skip the first dormancy. They had tropical conditions all winter long.
    *Follow this, and you will have big thriving plants.

By the way, i sow sarracenia minor at the same moment. Right now, the seedling are 25cm tall, with 12-15 traps.

You should take my advices, not challenging me. I try to help ya guys with my culture conditions, Its not a obligation for me telling you my methods.

Cheers

Hey, Im not saying ur lying. Im actually interesrted to try your methods on some of my seeds because I love dionaea and that is unheard of so you might have come across ideal conditions for them. U did feed them a lot which I am an advocate of always. And ur rh is insanely high. Almost makes me wanna try growing on in a death cube with new media to see how it fares lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry im a little prime sometimes, i need a doctor! :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maiden that is fantastic growth,well done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    richjam1986's suggestion about fertilizing is a good one. They can be fertilized, especially through the leaves by misting, without much risk. But misting with fertilizer usually results in algae blooms and, if there is any carpet moss on the top of the soil, the moss will grow very quickly as well and can choke out small plants fairly quickly.

Obviously feeding them is the best (lowest risk) way to get them to grow quickly, but when the traps are small options for feeding are small.

The best way to get them to grow to a large size is a long growing season, lots of food in the traps and excellent care.

As as some of the others have already mentioned, I'm pretty skeptical that the plants in the video Maiden posted are 8 months old from seed. I've grown thousands of plants in tissue culture and have never had one get that big so quickly in TC. And they grow about 5 times as fast in TC as they do in soil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As as some of the others have already mentioned, I'm pretty skeptical that the plants in the video Maiden posted are 8 months old from seed. I've grown thousands of plants in tissue culture and have never had one get that big so quickly in TC. And they grow about 5 times as fast in TC as they do in soil.**

-Thx for the compliment! Because i made it. And im just a beginner! So i think you should review your culture conditions my friend.

More pictures of my ~received from BCP.com May 2012~Sow May 2012~Germination June 2012~ plants

Feb 2013:

Cheers!

PS: My nickname is dals009 on flickr, i have many pictures of differents states of development since last summer.
    Last edited by Maiden; 03-03-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast