User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 51

Thread: Bohemian Garnet just won't grow!

  1. #33
    mmlr38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ashland, OR
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    I dont understand why you dont beleive me.
    Because you've provided no evidence to this point that the plants were actually seeds in June and I've seen thousands of VFTs grown from seed, both by myself and hundreds of other people and none of them come even close to growing as quickly as you claim your "seedlings" to. Are you sure you didn't receive tissue culture plants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    My seeds was not sow in june, but germinate in june, my mistake.
    That's a pretty big mistake in the timeline and I think it's not the only thing you're mistaken about in your posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    2012/07/10 (4-5 weeks after germination)
    Impossible, I say! I'd really like to see what they looked like 7 to 10 days after germination and then 20 days after germination. The smallest plants in your photos are 12 to 24 month old plants!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Like a told you many times, the key is FEEDING. Maybe you dont know how feed your plants? Maybe you have the wrong methods? Maybe you need more experience ? We are here for that
    Yes, I know that feeding flytraps will help them grow more quickly. But what you are stating is a complete improbability! Venus fly traps don't even make their first trap until approximately 4 to 6 weeks after germinating!!! How can you feed a plant with no traps? And the first few traps are so small, they're almost impossible to feed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    On your picture, i cannot find a single trap closed with food. THAT is your problem. Your seedlings are very small for 2 months seedlings.
    Actually, that is not a photo of my seedlings. I only grow seedlings in vitro now. Sowing them in soil is too slow. I can show you what 2 month old seedlings look like in vitro where they don't have to fight any pests, have all the nutrition they need, are in 100% humidity and grow 7 times as fast as plant sown in soil. See below photo for seedlings that are 6 weeks old, sown in vitro on 1-25-2013 (black seed pods are about 1mm in size for reference):

    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    And if your moss are not like that after 2 months, you REALLY have growing problem.
    Hah, are you trolling here or are you serious? Take a look at the photos in these threads to see what the normal growing rate for baby flytraps is:
    http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/lo...es-t18420.html
    http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/ti...ft-t17762.html

    I've probably seen nearly a hundred such documentations of growing flytraps from seed, and I've grown several thousand from seed myself (both in vitro and in vivo). They all grow about the same rate, which is no where near as fast as you're claiming.

    See this video as well:


    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    I just want to let you know that im taking growing very seriously, and i have no reason to tell something not true here.
    You do if you're trolling!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    And for the name akay ryu, and green dragon, you are right, i have to change the name for akay ryu F5 or Akai ryu x Akai ryu.
    Hmm, another mistake. I wonder how many other mistakes have been made in your posts and the "facts" you state?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    PS We are not offtopic, we talk about growing speed.
    Original post was talking about growing speed of Bohemian Garnet. Although it has the same basic needs, that plant is unique and doesn't grow the same as an average flytrap. It tends to stay very small even with lots of feeding and good growing conditions because it divides a lot.

  2. #34
    mmlr38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ashland, OR
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh! I just had an idea. Maiden, I thought of a way you could prove your seemingly incredible growth rate for Dionaea seedlings that you seem to think is repeatable with the methods you use.

    I would be willing to send you a packet of Dionaea seed for free provided that once you sow the seeds, you take photos of the seedlings at least every 5 days and post them to a thread here on TerraForums. The seeds would be from giant flytraps, so that would give you an advantage even because they'll have good genetics.

    Send me a PM with your mailing address and let's get this party started! Will ship the seeds on Monday if I hear from you by then.

  3. #35
    Gigantea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gulf coast, Texas
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there somewhere I can read on termination via tc? Would like to learn.

  4. #36
    mmlr38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ashland, OR
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantea View Post
    Is there somewhere I can read on termination via tc? Would like to learn.
    This should get you started: Tissue Culture Basics

    The required supplies and protocols listed there are all you need to get started. Seeds are quite easy to sterilize, so start with them first if you make an attempt.

  5. #37
    Sundrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NE United States
    Posts
    833
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to hijack Tuuagso's thread, but that link mmlr38 provided is phenomenal. It's helped a lot with my project.

  6. #38
    Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok

    First of all, sorry for my english, its my third language and its kind of hard for my trying to defend myself here, but trust me i try hard.

    Secondly, i was a lil upset with your comments so sorry for the 'promptness' of my words.

    Before you guys told me thats almost impossible grow rate, i taugh my progress where normal, cauz its my first time.

    Im very anger about myself, because i didnt care about taking a progress sheet and more pictures.

    mmlr38: i didnt know you before this thread, I saw your website, and i have no reason coming here and lie to you.
    Im a serious person in life, and my biggest surprise is that you contest my results!

    I will take your last post point by point and try to explain the best i can.

    -=-

    "Because you've provided no evidence to this point that the plants were actually seeds in June and I've seen thousands of VFTs grown from seed, both by myself and hundreds of other people and none of them come even close to growing as quickly as you claim your "seedlings" to. Are you sure you didn't receive tissue culture plants?"

    Last spring(2012), i went on bcp.com, i order sarracenia minor seeds, and vft red mix seeds(even if i got 2 green very aggressive(faster grown) germination, dunno why)

    Got the seeds (lil black seeds), i think was a 50 seeds bag.

    Sow the seeds, early may and i got very fast germination, but a very bad rate. i had 13 plants on 50 seeds.

    -=-

    "That's a pretty big mistake in the timeline and I think it's not the only thing you're mistaken about in your posts."

    Probably, i didnt know ill have to defend my results like this, so i didnt care much to take a progress sheet.

    -=-

    "Impossible, I say! I'd really like to see what they looked like 7 to 10 days after germination and then 20 days after germination. The smallest plants in your photos are 12 to 24 month old plants!"

    What can i say? for sure its not 12 to 24 months seedlings, because i was not a cps grower at this time. I know you will not beleive me, im sad about it, but the plants on the picture have a few weeks, and all the germination occur almost the same 3-4 days. I assume the green is a green dragon, of course its not.

    -=-

    "Yes, I know that feeding flytraps will help them grow more quickly. But what you are stating is a complete improbability! Venus fly traps don't even make their first trap until approximately 4 to 6 weeks after germinating!!! How can you feed a plant with no traps? And the first few traps are so small, they're almost impossible to feed."

    My seedling produce cotiledon(?). i mean seed leaves. After that, the seedling produce traps. Very tiny traps, and if i remember, the traps was odd, mostly 'square' trap. And i fed the first traps with dryed blood worm. I take some dryed worm, i add water. and i made a ball of meat. After that, with a toothpic, i take a tiny piece of meat with my toothpic, and put the lil piece in the tiny trap. The trap doesnt close that way, i have to take 2 toothpics, and gently close the trap, and with the toothpic i gentle push each side of the trap to help them seal. One hour later, i open again the terrarium ans i push each side again very softly with the toothpics to be sure the trap is sealed. Each feeding session take me more than 1 hour, but was fun for me.

    -=-

    "Actually, that is not a photo of my seedlings. I only grow seedlings in vitro now. Sowing them in soil is too slow. I can show you what 2 month old seedlings look like in vitro where they don't have to fight any pests, have all the nutrition they need, are in 100% humidity and grow 7 times as fast as plant sown in soil. See below photo for seedlings that are 6 weeks old, sown in vitro on 1-25-2013 (black seed pods are about 1mm in size for reference):"

    Never tryed TC, but on your picture you can see the square traps that im talking about. Nice picture by the way!
    -=-

    "Hah, are you trolling here or are you serious? Take a look at the photos in these threads to see what the normal growing rate for baby flytraps is:
    http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/lo...es-t18420.html
    http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/ti...ft-t17762.html

    I've probably seen nearly a hundred such documentations of growing flytraps from seed, and I've grown several thousand from seed myself (both in vitro and in vivo). They all grow about the same rate, which is no where near as fast as you're claiming."

    I was serious, if i let a pot alone, with no plant in, and i water the pot each day, the moss will grow very fast, at least in my terrarium. Its maybe a matter of light. Dunno, im not a moss expert. It just grown, i dont pay attention.. But next time i will take a progress sheet on my moss too haha

    -=-

    "You do if you're trolling!"

    eeee i dont ever know what trolling is.

    -=-

    "Hmm, another mistake. I wonder how many other mistakes have been made in your posts and the "facts" you state?"

    No, when you cross 2 akay ryu, the result is 'akai ryu x akai ryu' or akai ryu F5 or else, but not a real akai ryu. at least, its what i read on terraforums.
    And its not a misstake, i really have to change the name

    -=-

    "Original post was talking about growing speed of Bohemian Garnet. Although it has the same basic needs, that plant is unique and doesn't grow the same as an average flytrap. It tends to stay very small even with lots of feeding and good growing conditions because it divides a lot. "

    The original post, was about growing speed, and i think the person will be helped with our posts.

    -=-

    Here my culture condition:

    In a terrarium, thats mean i never touch the plant, exept for feeding them.
    No wind, no rain. I water my plant once a week, with demineralized water, from the top. 1oz each time.
    The brand of water is Quebec-O. A local water company.
    Dunno why, but if i let my plants on a water tray, the grow is strange, like twisted new traps.
    I use Sunblaster lighting tube. (Sunblasterlighting.com) <--- have a look.
    And my RH% is 70% the days, and 100% all nights.

    Its not a reference, but here in quebec we are the best in the world for growing canabis, we won each year cannabis cup on hightimes,
    and the growers claim doing this with sunblaster. So maybe you should have a try with this lighning? You cannot know before trying.
    Dont get me wrong, im not a drug addicted!

    I keep my plant at 24-25C all days, and under 20 each nights.
    Once a week, i raise the heat to 28-29C, and i found that the plants have a boost next couples days when the temps returning at 24C.

    My entire setup:




    Thats it ! I cannot say more.
    Maybe, by luck, i have found a perfect conditions, when put all this together faster the grow rate?
    Maybe we have news technics of growing, and with this we can improve the vfts seedlings care?

    I have no control if you dont beleive me, its just sad.

    I have 0 reasons to dish you here, 0.

    Im here to learn, and like a said, i sincerely taugh my progress was normal before this thread.

    For your offer, no problem i will try the same growing conditions with your seeds, and beleive me, you will be flooded with pictures, dates, and even hours.
    My girlfriend will help me with this.


    Friendly,

    Maiden
    Last edited by Maiden; 03-16-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    Maiden

  7. #39
    Sundrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NE United States
    Posts
    833
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Maiden: How long is your light on per day?

  8. #40
    Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    16 hours/day
    Maiden

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •