Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaf Growth Issue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plant Planter View Post
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Another leaf has been stricken by the dreaded Curved-Leaf Syndrome!
    Have you inspected for Aphids?
    As for insects, you can likely buy tiny crickets at your local pet store: they sell these as food for reptiles. I buy them occasionally for my Dionaea and Nepenthes (treats!) and they cost a dollar per ten.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, APHIDS. Those little bugs make many a plant unhappy. Neem and a top coating of sand seems to work wonders.

If you go to petsmart they have a fridge back by the aquariums and fish. I go there and get the Sally's frozen bloodworm larvae. They're teeny little things. You just break off a chunk, allow a few minutes to reach room temp and then break up the worm clump. For extra small plants, you can just cut one in half and drop it into the pitcher. I use then for my pitcher plants and dews though. Just fed my regia yesterday in fact.

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there are no aphids on my plant.
    As for feeding it tiny crickets, I don't know if even THOSE will fit. There's only one functioning trap large enough to eat something the size of a fly, and the rest are maybe a half inch long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there are no aphids on my plant.
    As for feeding it tiny crickets, I don't know if even THOSE will fit. There's only one functioning trap large enough to eat something the size of a fly, and the rest are maybe a half inch long.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, why have you not posted a photo. Diagnosing ANY problem pretty much makes a photo mandatory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting for my plant's new leaves to be stricken by the infamous Curved-Leaf Syndrome, but so far it's looking good. Of course, Murphy was right that anything that can go wrong, will, but they're getting some good coloration now, so I'd think that it's getting enough light. And the curved leaves straighten out to become normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After more than a month, I am very pleased to report that my flytrap has completely recovered from the effects of the dreaded Curved-Leaf Syndrome. Thanks to all for your help!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a garden plot near my home I have some veggies and herbs planted. Two large dillweed plants, the flower/seedheads turned a greyish color and seemed to be moving! I looked closer and they were covered with aphids. In short order, they were also hosting more ladybugs (several getting busy) and firefly larvae than I have ever seen. They don't seem to jump to other plants, so I leave them alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12