Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘Carolina Red Trap’

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool ‘Carolina Red Trap’

I have been growing vfts for a number of years and i have not encounterd this vft? The ‘Carolina Red Trap’

Regards
    GROWLIST If you can read this thank a TEACHER , If you can read this in ENGLISH thank a VETERAN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you want to know about it? Is It a cultivar or something? Otherwise, it just sounds like a general description of the species: Flytraps are from "Carolina", and they often have "red trap" interiors. So, in that sense, yes you have encountered it, lol . Jk, but seriously I can't find anything about any such cultivar, if that's what it is. Do you have a link refering to it that you could share?
    Not to be mean, but as a suggestion to help us all out: If you want meaningful comments, give us some level of detail or thoughts on the topic you bring up
    Last edited by richjam1986; 03-26-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a carnivorous plant forum to learn and discuss carnivorous plants and to ask questions not to be told how to go about it.

Regards
    GROWLIST If you can read this thank a TEACHER , If you can read this in ENGLISH thank a VETERAN.

heatherfeather knows the weather! lil hokie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think I have heard of 'Carolina Red Trap' but it sounds lovely.

Actually...wait. Now that I think about it I feel like I have heard of something similar...never mind. I looked. I've heard of 'Carolina Giant' before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firerock, he was merely making a suggestion and he even added some important information regarding whatever it is you are asking about the Carolina Red Trap, by saying he could not find any reference to the cultivar. Is there anything in particular you were hoping to learn about this plant(s)? We don't really have much to work with based off of your original post.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These where up for auction on ebay. This is what it read : This auction is for 5 ASST UNTAGGED Seed Grown Venus Flytrap. None of them are typicals. They are most likely ‘B-52’, ‘Cupped Trap’, ‘Fang’, ‘Sawtooth", ‘Bristle Tooth’, ‘Carolina Red Trap’, ‘Paradisia’, ‘Dingley Giant’ or ‘Fused Tooth’. Some are too small to be sure, others too hard to tell with out a tag. They will be shipped bare root in moistened paper towel and bagged. I will TRY to get a diverse group, but no guarantees of the outcome.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow a few "Carolina Red Traps". A couple of years ago Bob Ziemer sent me a flower stalk from his mother plant. I put it in tissue culture and it "took" but was contaminated with bacteria. Because of the contamination, and because I had no idea if it was even a plant worth growing (having never seen one in person), I just potted out all of the plantlets instead of trying to save the culture. Some are getting near adult size now and I should have one that's fairly large this year and should know more about the variety's characteristics, provided I can find them. I've been having trouble keeping track of all of the varieties I grow now! There are too many!
    Last edited by mmlr38; 03-28-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only registered cultivars should be enclosed in single quote marks ('). Of the names listed only ‘B-52’, ‘Cupped Trap' and ‘Sawtooth' are registered. Finding any useful information on unofficially named clones is difficult at best - they could be something made up at the moment. There's nothing to stop me from buying a Venus Flytrap from Home Depot and calling it "Sticky Fingers" and offer it for sale or trade. For that matter I could claim it is 'Cupped Trap' however since there is a published standard to compare it to such fraud would be quickly detected. Caveat emptor.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast