Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The advice from Plant Planter is 'spot on'. My only comment is that VFT's are the most prevalent 'beginner' CP on the market. It really isn't a good beginner plant at all. It has a lot of requirements that new people typically are not aware, and the instructions on the pot don't bring out. VFT's are temperate plants. They require a winter rest / dormancy. They also NEED direct sunlight and most beginners put them on window sills or grow racks or in terrariums, with artificial lighting or that which shines through the windows. It isn't enough. Being temperate, it needs to experience all 4 seasons. Finally, most new people treat them like any other houseplant and water them with tap water. Most of us have tap water that contains dissolved mineral salts, which kills them, slowly, over time. Understanding what they need, in terms of climate, water, and lighting, makes the difference between life and death.

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimscott, thank you and yes, you're right, and Wire Man is as well. It does sound like your leaf pullings have good stats, but Venus flytraps REALLY have many needs that all have to be fulfilled.
    Check out this site. It has all you need to know.
    http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq2000.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you guys rly helpfull and my plant is rly getting greener ... as for the seasons im trying to simulate them with moisture of the peat, the light and the warmer

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plant's getting greener? Wonderful! If it's pale, that's a sign of inadequate lighting. But obviously your plant does not have inadequate lighting!
    Glad to hear that your plant's doing better!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rule number one when propagating any plant, from any genus: use propagation material from healthy, vigorous plants only (IE: non-stressed plants). Taking cuttings etc. from weak or poorly performing plants will dramatically reduce your success rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe ty i love my plant and i check it every hour :P but the bugs r returning D: i saw some today they seem to jump when i try to touch them or spray the plant do u have any ideia of what these might be? (tiny lil white jumpy bugs)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Springtails. They're harmless.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast