Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New to Carnivorous plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol yup i have spent a few thousand over the years, well more or less lol but yes it gets addicting and well i guess some can call ourselfs cp horders, better then animal or even junk horders lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nep Lover View Post
    Lol yup i have spent a few thousand over the years, well more or less lol but yes it gets addicting and well i guess some can call ourselfs cp horders, better then animal or even junk horders lol
    One could only get but so mad about you having a positive hobby lol. Gotta love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 50:50, peat : silica sand is a good go-to mix for CPs, I approve! It definitely helps keep my Sarracenia planted. If you ever need cheap peat go to your local home improvement store. I was able to get 3 cubic feet of fertilizer-free peat moss for $10! Granted it's got a decent amount of debris, I just sift through it. For the price it can't be beat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowes bought death cube VFT growing like crazy

I'm proud if these little guys. One has actually developed a trap and its now open for business lol

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love your plants, KKP! I've always liked Drosera filiformis.
    And yes, I too have money invested in my plants, about one hundred ten dollars (US) if each pot sold for ten dollars. Of course, a few probably WOULD sell for more than ten dollars, so I most likely have more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plant Planter View Post
    I love your plants, KKP! I've always liked Drosera filiformis.
    And yes, I too have money invested in my plants, about one hundred ten dollars (US) if each pot sold for ten dollars. Of course, a few probably WOULD sell for more than ten dollars, so I most likely have more.
    Thanks man I'm loving this new hobby. I found myself at a local gardening center earlier today (Sunday) I found some additive free peat and as I'm checking out I see a couple of VFTs in death cubes that looked well taken care of and I dug through the collection and and found a decent looking Sarra. Who could resist buying plants found in death cubes that are in good condition. Ill post pictures up soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's storming here all night so I'm going to let Mother Nature flush my pots. I put all of my pots on the back of my car so they get full exposure to the rain. Plus I get to collect some rain water! I repotted my VFTs in 50:50 peat and silica sand I bought another VFT today that had some pretty nice sized traps. When I was washing the old soil off of them I ended up finding that there were 2 separate plants growing #WIN!!!!!

S. mitchelliana

I need help identifying this Sarra. Found it in a death cube today

S. Daina's Delight

D. Filiformis

D. Filiformis with flower stalks growing

Collecting rain water and flushing media. MULTITASKING

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sarr in with the Daina's Delight is a purpurea venosa or a purpurea hybrid. You will get a better idea once it settles in and starts perking up. The collection is looking nice, but I can tell that you are not done by a long shot. LOL Denial is the first stage of addiction.
    "Only when you live to learn, will you learn to live"
    GROWLIST

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast