User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can you tell the difference between a jaws and a dente venus flytrap???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, I gave up on the cultivar thing a while ago. Some many of the VFT cultivars all look the same anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plant Planter View Post
    "Jaws" has larger traps than "Dentate Traps" as far as I know. Just using a reference from Barry Rice.

"The trap spines are short and pointy, the traps are big."
    How big do you calculate? The traps are an inch long and fully grown. Sometimes an inch and 1/8.

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that a "large" leaf is at least one inch, but I don't know. If "Jaws" can have traps one and an eighth inches long, it's certainly bigger than my "Dentate Traps" plant's ones. I've has mine for almost a month and a half and it hasn't made any traps bigger than three quarters of an inch. But that's just me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found that dente has a deep curve to the trap ( Like King Henry) also the teeth are shorter and the color of the traps can get deep red.
    Jaws I have found are not as curved as dente with the teeth to be a bit larger with triangular shaped teeth. as for color the Jaws traps Get that deep red that can cover the outside of the traps. Size JAWS is a larger trap. My 2 penny s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once the ID is lost there is no retrieving it for most VFT. There are too many similar cultivars, not to mention seed-grown individuals that may resemble another cultivar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12