What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknow dionaea seeds growing challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing more photos soon :-D

Looking good! Have you fed them yet?

Looking good! Have you fed them yet?

Yes and i try to feed them fast, because the plant catch springtails on several new traps, and theses lil insects have not a good nutritional value. I use dryed blood worm, tiny pieces.

Utricularia: long fiber sphagnum moss (dead). Its 25$ for 1L here, pretty expensive! For me, its the best media for fast and strong germination. (Invitro is faster of course!)

Last edited:
Pretty babies!!!

Hello again ! :-D

Yesterday i decided to repot all the tiny babies, because the seedlings was too closes and they where in competition for roots space, light etc, and this can be problematic.
This operation took me 1.5h! I had to take 2 toothpicks, and a lot of patience ! The hardest part was splitting the seedlings, they where attached together and so tiny.

So here the new home for the next 2-3 months!

Dionaea seedlings (TFs) par dals009, sur Flickr

The vfts seedings are in a 6inches pot (diameter)

Next pictures probably in october!

Now lets grow !!

Thanks again for watching :hail:

My thought's

Seeing life unfold and understanding it ... is very for-filling...

Yet it passes many of us by in life...

I am glad for your success in keeping an a exotic plant. May be your read the history of a man that waited years just to see a dried leaf of the VFT. Then it brings home what wonder you really having growing in front of you.

Noddy.

You should include the age in every post.

Looking good indeed!

Yeah its true. It will be easier, but i can calculate from the day one, the first post :)

That looks like a lot of algae / moss growth on the peat in two weeks... are you watering with a nutrient solution?

No, with demineralized water. The algae grow faster because i keep the seedlings at 90RH%. But its harmless to the plants.

gotcha

Update :)

Some pictures i took this afternoon.
I wanted to show theses lil seedlings with their sealed traps. Its food time !!

The traps are 1/4 inch long, and have 3.5 months old :-D I can feel the traps closing faster and stronger each time i feed them.

Pretty cool :)

Dionaea seedlings par dals009, sur Flickr

You can see the little traps eating with enzymes :)

Thanks for watching :)

Wow! I'm already impressed by their size. Great growing! I can't wait to see them in a few more months. It's been nearly 4 months since they were sown and they're already much larger than I'd expect them to be.

This is making me want to attempt to sow some seeds! I cut my flower stalks though. So, basically, you just spread the seeds across what looks to be orchid grade LFS under bright light, warm conditions and high humidity? Just trying to understand the basics of what you did there. Nice going, they look great!

well done maiden,really good growing

thanks corky :)

This is making me want to attempt to sow some seeds! I cut my flower stalks though. So, basically, you just spread the seeds across what looks to be orchid grade LFS under bright light, warm conditions and high humidity? Just trying to understand the basics of what you did there. Nice going, they look great!

Go ahead ! The seedlings you see in the pictures are from seeds donated by mmlr38 for my challenge. i suggest you to have a look to his website, you will find great stuff.
and by the way, tell him he have to sell plants/seeds in canada, im tired to order from europe :-D

And for me, the best way to sprout vft seeds, its under a plastic dome, with a tiny ventilation hole, with full sun, in 100% long fibers sphagnum moss. All my seeds germinate almost the same 2-3 days, when the temperature reach 30-35C into the dome with full sun on them. Of course 80-100%RH will help.

"Wow! I'm already impressed by their size. Great growing! I can't wait to see them in a few more months. It's been nearly 4 months since they were sown and they're already much larger than I'd expect them to be."

-the comment i was looking for since a while :p Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back