0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never water my plants, i save a lot of money and time,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use water mill express water i fil a 5 gal jug for $1.50 its a RO system we have lots of thoose around were i live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the most part I use collected rain water and to a smaller extent purchased RO/DI water. But those were already mentioned.

Something I didn't see mentioned is the water what comes from your air conditioner. It's condensation run-off so should have a low TDS though individual results may vary. I collected some from my unit a couple years ago and it was less than 10ppm. It's not a fast water source but you could get a gallon or two per day by leaving a bucket under the drain pipe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had the water from the dehumidifier tested, but other than the copper coil and the plastic surfaces the water comes in contact with, I don't know how much salts or solids could be dissolved in humidity in Iowa lol. Been using it for a year or so with seemingly no ill effects.

I suppose I better get it tested though as I just thought about pH. That might be a variable to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Thanks MylegsG can I ask did you add any buffer or salts to the water since as you may know the water that comes out is approx 4.5ph and if though this climbs fast in open air, the PH level is not stable. Did this affect any of the plants?

Hi Shortbus that's the sort of ideas I was looking for dehumidifier another tried and tested method I take it, how long have you been using this method for? Hopefully with success.

Thanks Plant Planter... it's good method if you run short during the summer months to stock up in the rainy season for sure...

Any more ideas... tried and tested please... that's see if there's any other alternatives out there...

Thanks Noddy
    Last edited by Keith; 08-10-2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: other concerns
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12