What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEED: Venus Flytrap feeding photo

Hi all. I am finding it ridiculously difficult to find a good photo of a VFT forming the sealed stomach chamber on prey. I would like to include one in my powerpoint for my CP class when I talk about the stages of a VFT's trapping/digestion.

I was wondering if someone could feed their flytraps and snap me a good shot of the trap not only closed, but completely sealed and obviously creating the stomach (i.e. the point where the teeth reflex back out). Maybe from a viewpoint that is somewhat isometric (i.e. not directly from the top or the side). This would be immensely helpful!! There's not a rush. Plus it should be fun for whoever gets to feed their plants.

Thanks so much if anyone is able to do this. I am volunteering to teach a class on CPs in June, and the photo won't be used for any other purpose.

Thanks so much---one of the pics has exactly what I was looking for!!

Back