Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What flytraps cannot trap?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KATastrophe View Post
    I heard warewolf has no trigger hairs so it doesnt trap insects
    I think they also have a VFT called rose or something like that that has no traps at ALL just leaves!
    I recently read this (about Werewolf) on another forum:
    Most of Werewolf traps don't produce any trigger hair but the one that do may close if there are stimulated for long period of time.

And I found a VFT var. that does not produce traps. Meet Dr no trap:

Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    Just wanted to share a couple of photos defending Korean Melody Shark's honor. . .
    You don't need teeth to eat I guess!
    Real cool, I always liked the look of them, nice to know they can feed. I really don't have interest in a VFT that can't feed. Thanks for sharing the photos!
    Last edited by Acro; 11-04-2015 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea Dr. No trap is one of the trapless vars their is another one called 'rose' something or other that has no traps either... I don't find it exciting to see a VFT with no Traps maybe thats just my pet peeve lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHaaa, I've only heard of Dr. no traps but never have I seen one. What exactly is the point of this "VFT"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    I haven't noticed that any of my larger varieties like 'B52' or 'King Henry' have any trouble capturing prey.

Some really bad ones that come to mind though are 'Alien', 'Angelwings', 'Biohazard', 'Coquillage', 'Fondue', "Galaxy", "Hot Kiss", 'Master of Disaster', 'Microdent', "Monkey *****", "Pacman", "Pom Pom", 'Red Fused Petiole', 'Short Teeth', "Tremor", 'Trichterfalle', 'Triton' and 'Umgekrempeit'. There are also many more with defective traps including a few completely trapless clones like "Dr. No Trap".

Why most of these are not culled immediately is beyond my reckoning.
    According to a vendor of VFTs who was talking about these on his forum, alien actually is a surprisingly successful hunter, it closes so slowly that bugs don't realize that there's a problem until it is way too late

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's an old post haha, sorry
    Last edited by SFLguy; 11-07-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KATastrophe View Post
    Yea Dr. No trap is one of the trapless vars their is another one called 'rose' something or other that has no traps either... I don't find it exciting to see a VFT with no Traps maybe thats just my pet peeve lol
    I think some look cool, but I really have no interest in growing a Venus Fly TRAP that can't trap. As for trapless types, not sure I see the point. Maybe it's something vegetarians would be comfortable growing? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flip_Side_the_Pint View Post
    What exactly is the point of this "VFT"
    I agree. And I don't think they are very popular for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SFLguy View Post
    According to a vendor of VFTs who was talking about these on his forum, alien actually is a surprisingly successful hunter, it closes so slowly that bugs don't realize that there's a problem until it is way too late
    That made me do a real "LOL"! That is quite an interesting bit of information!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's an old post haha, sorry
    Nothing wrong with posting on this, as the topic is still relevant. I started this thread anyway and I say it's alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I've found that to be the case with my alien. but you have to let it happen naturally for the bug to be unsuspecting, if you drop a bug in the trap it panicks and the trap is to slow...2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123