User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Horror...The Horror (of Mutant Flytraps)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    I actually tend to pay more attention to the ones I hate than the ones I like. For one thing, I'd like to try and NOT end up with one of those in my collection haphazardly via trade or something. Know your enemy, I guess. Another reason is the fact that some people actually WANT these nightmares. It really blows my mind that somebody would actively hunt down and pay top dollar for plants like 'Korean Melody Shark' or "Dr. No Traps".
    I don't know Johnny, if I could get one in trade for what I think it's worth I would. Cruel as it sounds to some PT Barnum was right, there really is a sucker born every minute. Having one of those would make them really easy to find.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    I don't know Johnny, if I could get one in trade for what I think it's worth I would. Cruel as it sounds to some PT Barnum was right, there really is a sucker born every minute. Having one of those would make them really easy to find.
    I refuse to play a hand in distributing these abominations. I'd rather throw the plant away than pass it along. I have a typical looking flytrap that puts out a few trapless seedlings every year from it's self pollinated flowers. As soon as they are discovered they are culled. I guess my particular code of ethics overrides any potential greed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Johnny I think one would look right at home in your cabinet next to the two headed duckling. Do some of them even fit the species description, venus fly not trapped

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    Well Johnny I think one would look right at home in your cabinet next to the two headed duckling. Do some of them even fit the species description, venus fly not trapped
    Sure, maybe dead in a jar of formalin as sort of a natural curiosity !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, maybe dead in a jar of formalin as sort of a natural curiosity !
    Grow one out and press it! The joy of crushing it would have to offset at least some of the pain of looking at it while it's growing! Harvesting and crushing it could make a really good U Tube video if the right people saw it!
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-21-2015 at 06:15 AM.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I refuse to play a hand in distributing these abominations. I'd rather throw the plant away than pass it along. I have a typical looking flytrap that puts out a few trapless seedlings every year from it's self pollinated flowers. As soon as they are discovered they are culled. I guess my particular code of ethics overrides any potential greed.
    I take your point, it feels better to profit from catering to the better side of people's natures than their stupidity. But since Iook at plants as a hobby, and am also a keen student of human nature and motivation, to me trading such a plant to someone who places high value upon it would be like getting paid to watch a horror movie. And I like horror movies!

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A trapless vft? Truly can't see the point. If vft foliage was particularly attractive or interesting in its own right -- like that of a Coleus or Ludisia -- that would be one thing. But their foliage sans traps is nothing if unremarkable.
    "Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The foliage is actually less attractive than normal varieties. Can't even believe these plants are being propagated.......

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast