User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Horror...The Horror (of Mutant Flytraps)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Horror...The Horror (of Mutant Flytraps)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    I haven't noticed that any of my larger varieties like 'B52' or 'King Henry' have any trouble capturing prey.

Some really bad ones that come to mind though are 'Alien', 'Angelwings', 'Biohazard', 'Coquillage', 'Fondue', "Galaxy", "Hot Kiss", 'Master of Disaster', 'Microdent', "Monkey *****", "Pacman", "Pom Pom", 'Red Fused Petiole', 'Short Teeth', "Tremor", 'Trichterfalle', 'Triton' and 'Umgekrempeit'. There are also many more with defective traps including a few completely trapless clones like "Dr. No Trap".

Why most of these are not culled immediately is beyond my reckoning.
    Here here Johnny

I must admit that I do chuckle when I see Dr No Traps advertised for around 40€ and described as a must have when all you really need is standard type and a pair of scissors.
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't noticed that any of my larger varieties like 'B52' or 'King Henry' have any trouble capturing prey.

Some really bad ones that come to mind though are 'Alien', 'Angelwings', 'Biohazard', 'Coquillage', 'Fondue', "Galaxy", "Hot Kiss", 'Master of Disaster', 'Microdent', "Monkey *****", "Pacman", "Pom Pom", 'Red Fused Petiole', 'Short Teeth', "Tremor", 'Trichterfalle', 'Triton' and 'Umgekrempeit'. There are also many more with defective traps including a few completely trapless clones like "Dr. No Trap".

Why most of these are not culled immediately is beyond my reckoning.
    I find it humorous that somebody with such disdain for these vegan flytraps has one of the more extensive off-the-top-of-the-head recollections of so many different defunct clones.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe totally beyond me why anyone would pay for those abominations, but each to their own. Makes me wonder what great looking plants get thrown on the compost to make room for more crud
    Last edited by corky; 02-21-2015 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    I find it humorous that somebody with such disdain for these vegan flytraps has one of the more extensive off-the-top-of-the-head recollections of so many different defunct clones.
    I actually tend to pay more attention to the ones I hate than the ones I like. For one thing, I'd like to try and NOT end up with one of those in my collection haphazardly via trade or something. Know your enemy, I guess. Another reason is the fact that some people actually WANT these nightmares. It fascinates me that somebody would actively hunt down and pay top dollar for plants like 'Korean Melody Shark' or "Dr. No Traps".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually tend to pay more attention to the ones I hate than the ones I like. For one thing, I'd like to try and NOT end up with one of those in my collection haphazardly via trade or something. Know your enemy, I guess. Another reason is the fact that some people actually WANT these nightmares. It really blows my mind that somebody would actively hunt down and pay top dollar for plants like 'Korean Melody Shark' or "Dr. No Traps".
    The same could be said about tiny or bizarre dog breeds, phoenix/polish chickens, or piebald reptiles - they no longer function correctly in the ecological niche that they evolved in due to our selective breeding. Heck. . . the same could be said even within our own species. Global domestication of species doesn't appear to be slowing down any. . .

I, for one, could do without most of the bizarre flytrap strains, but I do find Korean Melody Shark somewhat attractive in its own right.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone threw a 'Korean Melody Shark' in with a bunch of Sarracenia they sent me a couple of years back. I tossed it into the street while planting the Sarracenia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg View Post
    Here here Johnny

I must admit that I do chuckle when I see Dr No Traps advertised for around 40€ and described as a must have when all you really need is standard type and a pair of scissors.
    I like that Fred. Top Tip !
    *pops off to behead all my vft's and get them on the bay asap*
    Last edited by Welshy; 02-21-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg View Post
    Here here Johnny

Truly puzzling. Truly, truly puzzling........

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast