User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this sun, wind, or temp burn?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, the current consensus among growers on the ICPS listserv is that season cues in day length (photoperiod) is the primary determining factor on dormancy in Dionaea.

If the plants were raised in artificial conditions or there is a significant change in the latitude between relocations it may take them a growing season or two to get into synchrony with the local conditions.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the info guys, I figured it was just some shock from their new environment, but I wanted to get some other opinions as I am fairly new to dionaea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another underestimated and possible cause, as well as the sun is indeed as you suggest, the wind. If the plants have been indoors the roots are not used to the additional transpiration from the leaves caused by the wind and physically cannot transport enough water to the leaves to cope with it till they have grown a bit. This effectively dehydrates the leaves and can look like burn wilt.

Cheers
    steve
    Last edited by Steve Booth; 05-05-2015 at 05:45 AM. Reason: additional info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12