User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a picture for refrence if anyone can help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need a picture for refrence if anyone can help.

We let a few of our vft's flower this year to try are hand at crosding the different types together to sow the seed. I also collected a bunch of pollen samples from those types to aide in doing these crosses and i tickled and tickled till i tickled myself darn near crazy! Now that the flowers are closing im wanting to see if any of the attempts were viable to produce seed. So since im not sure what im looking for to see if our attempt is indeed successfull i wanted to know if anyone had a photo of a successful VFT flower 'pregnant' or preparing to make seeds to check if we managed to produce any seed crosses this year. It would be good to know if we can expect some seeds to sow or to attempt again next year and chop off the stalks that arent going to be worth keeping around.

We also did a few flower stalk cuttings to try proping but i havent seen much from them yet so the seeds would be a great activity to do together.

Thanks for all your replies and pictures or links

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ICPS FAQ is a great place to look: http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq2660.html
    "Potential has a shelf life." -Margaret Atwood
    My meager growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info its a good souce
    I just wish it showed a picture of the swollen body of the flower producing seeds. So i kno what to look out for examinating the flowers that are curling up and dying back. Only one seems to look very different then the others so far so id like to kinda match up to see if that ones 'pregnant' or something worth showing the kids to note in their plant books when we next have a meeting. Thanks for the link hun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What flowered:
    All green 'green goddess?'
    Microdent
    Jaws
    Tim's Giant

And different flowers were pollinated with different variations of each flowering at the time of collected pollen and marked with different indicating marks on the stalk below the flower with a marker
    I don't kno if they will all take but we are excited to see what comes from them, Normal or strange!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone whose been thru this procedure before and can take a look at these to see if anything looks to be in the works, i kno theirs no guarantee these pictures show anything but just thought id take a chance to see if anyone could maybe see anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by KATastrophe; 06-21-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: wrong photo added

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since many of the plants are borrowed for learning and growth and development notes and other educational purposes id really like to get some thing fun out of them for me and the kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast