Last edited by ErrorEN; 07-21-2015 at 08:20 PM.
I heard of people buying fake seeds on eBay, and they were only 80 cents.
I'll let the seedlings develop, but they don't look right to me either
So during the winter I shouldn't use any extra lights in the window?
Never buy seeds from eBay or Amazon or etsy or Alibaba
...etc especially Chinese sellers the seeds are fake.
What part of mass do u live cause im in MA and i grow bunch of plants and you can't keep them outside year round unless u want them dead or frozen. And if ur not far i will gladly ride my broken down scooter to your place and help u get a good set up for your vfts so they don't die!
I keep my VFTs outdoors year round in zone 5. Michigan. That said, they are in ground, and I mulch the bejesus out of them every fall. They do fine.
Jen- My Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...00#post1154900
"Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar."
Btw seedlings are most likely some kinda grass or veggy/herb not cp or anything worth the space they take up that could be replaced with ur b52s!
This is what u need to do:
1. Do what i said in my first post.
2. Give your plabts atleast a 7 to 8 hour rest period without lights to ensure health is maintained for them to grow strong and healthy.
3. Move yr darn lights away from ur plants! More light doesnt mean theyll grow faster it means theyll get burned or over heat if they are too close...touch a light bulb after its been on for hours...HOT, correct? Imagine thats ur plant not ur hand...not good!
4. Let them go into dormacy as required so they can thrive. Put them in the fridge for a few months or leave them in a room under 45-50°F until spring/summer.
5. Slowly acclimate them back up to full strenght light over a period of a few weeks or so to ensure they dont burn to deatg ir die of shock.
Anyone wanna ad anything?
Lucky u dragoness mine got frozen last year on my old sumporch greenhouse cause the elderly lady i care for left the window open in -10°F weather...grrr.
They say vfts can survive up to 20°F i think i read somewhere
I dont wanna chance it! Lol
Listen to eric no extra lighting in dormacy or they'll break dormancy thinking it's spring/summer. They need a different light scedual during dormancy and need cold temps to take a break and store up energy.
Forgot to add.. If ur b52 flowers cut off the flower stalk that will ensure it puts its energy into making traps and splittingthe its rhizome instead of using all its energy into making flowers and seeds when pollinated. And since yours isn't too healthy at the moment it's not the best idea to let a flower stalk grow until it has had time to get back to being healthy.
And then u can plant the cut 3in flower stalk u removed and it'll prop. Into more vfts!
Those almost look like carrot seeds. Some kind of herb or veggie indeed.
If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.