Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Growing and Cloning B52 Venus Fly Traps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw seedlings are most likely some kinda grass or veggy/herb not cp or anything worth the space they take up that could be replaced with ur b52s!

This is what u need to do:
    1. Do what i said in my first post.
    2. Give your plabts atleast a 7 to 8 hour rest period without lights to ensure health is maintained for them to grow strong and healthy.
    3. Move yr darn lights away from ur plants! More light doesnt mean theyll grow faster it means theyll get burned or over heat if they are too close...touch a light bulb after its been on for hours...HOT, correct? Imagine thats ur plant not ur hand...not good!
    4. Let them go into dormacy as required so they can thrive. Put them in the fridge for a few months or leave them in a room under 45-50F until spring/summer.
    5. Slowly acclimate them back up to full strenght light over a period of a few weeks or so to ensure they dont burn to deatg ir die of shock.

Anyone wanna ad anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky u dragoness mine got frozen last year on my old sumporch greenhouse cause the elderly lady i care for left the window open in -10F weather...grrr.
    They say vfts can survive up to 20F i think i read somewhere
    I dont wanna chance it! Lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinthetrap View Post
    I heard of people buying fake seeds on eBay, and they were only 80 cents.
    If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinthetrap View Post
    So during the winter I shouldn't use any extra lights in the window?
    VFT dormancy is primarily triggered by light, and then temperature. So no supplemental lighting because it will probably throw off their dormancy schedule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KATastrophe View Post
    Lucky u dragoness mine got frozen last year on my old sumporch greenhouse cause the elderly lady i care for left the window open in -10F weather...grrr.
    They say vfts can survive up to 20F i think i read somewhere
    I dont wanna chance it! Lol
    They can get a -lot- colder than 20F. Mine survived single-digit night-time temps. It was bringing them inside into 50F temps that killed them early. Next year they're getting bundled in damp sphagnum and stuck in a cooler in the garage all winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen to eric no extra lighting in dormacy or they'll break dormancy thinking it's spring/summer. They need a different light scedual during dormancy and need cold temps to take a break and store up energy.

Forgot to add.. If ur b52 flowers cut off the flower stalk that will ensure it puts its energy into making traps and splittingthe its rhizome instead of using all its energy into making flowers and seeds when pollinated. And since yours isn't too healthy at the moment it's not the best idea to let a flower stalk grow until it has had time to get back to being healthy.
    And then u can plant the cut 3in flower stalk u removed and it'll prop. Into more vfts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those almost look like carrot seeds. Some kind of herb or veggie indeed.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup i kno they are i got fake seeds soo many times trying to get lithop seeds online..trust NO1 on those sites

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    How do you know it is a baseless claim? Seems like the last time I remember somebody that had the same fears and was bullied into putting their plants outdoors where they were promptly stolen. And not a word of apology from the "dude you gotta grow them outdoors" crowd.
    Apologize for someone else's choice in where they live, or not understanding the implications thereof? You're attempting to shame people for giving good advice. Who's the bully now?
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast