User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: VFT care question (Brown to black)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does nobody consult the VFT Basic Care Guide anymore??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree outside growing is healthier, but i grow mine on an enclosed sunporch / greenhouse with the Windows open in strong sun and they are healthy as can be. Terrariums are better for other CPs in my opinion as much as id like to look at my lovelies all the time id rather they grow healthy and beautiful where they are currently in my sunporch.

U should move ur plan in full sun it'll prob lose its traps and replace them with new traps some may burn or die from acclimation..etc..etc but as long as new growth is present their shouldn't be much to worry about. VFTs like full sun and can take as much as other plants can if not more so and better then them. Give it time i think you'll be surprised at how well VFTs acclimate too your surroundings and temp. You just need good sun light to get the best results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i found the culprit i guess. i think i watered my plant a lil too much and when i checked up on my plant this morning it has white mold on top of the soil so i have to re-pot and re soil my plant....how do i revive it from a bad state like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    miguel,
    you have a weak plant..not your fault, it was that way when you bought it.
    you are also over-fussing with it, and over-thinking..here is what you should do:

1. dont repot it.
    2. put in a tray of distilled water, or rain water.
    3. put it outside in FULL sun. not indoors, not on a windowsill, not under shade, outside in FULL sun.

Do *nothing* to it for the next month, except keep water in the tray.

That will give it the best chance of surviving..
    all you can do is give it everyrhing it needs: good water, and FULL sun.
    the full sun will take care of the mold..
    the fact that you are getting mold on the surface tells me you havent been giving it enough light!
    and/or..you have it indoors, or too sheltered from the elements..

also, where do you live? (just a city and state is fine)
    your location will be important when its time to think about winter dormancy.

Kat,
    you should consider stopping giving advice until you have been growing CP's for at least two years..
    about half of what are saying is wrong..it's not helpful.
    you haven't yet learned the difference between what you read on the internet, and what is true..
    sorry, but its just a fact..there is a learning curve.

Scot
    Last edited by scottychaos; 08-18-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    Kat,
    you should consider stopping giving advice until you have been growing CP's for at least two years..
    you haven't yet learned the difference between what you read on the internet, and what is true..

Scot
    If most of your advice starts with the words "I read somewhere..." - then you are unlikely providing useful advice; hearsay and anecdote are particularly unhelpful. Its a perennial problem here on TF, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    miguel,
    you are also over-fussing with it, and over-thinking..here is what you should do:

1. dont repot it.
    3. put it outside in FULL sun. not indoors, not on a windowsill, not under shade, outside in FULL sun.

the fact that you are getting mold on the surface tells me you havent been giving it enough light!

Kat,

Scot
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    miguel,

1. dont repot it.

Kat,

Scot
    thanks SCOTT! I will do this regularly with water and just keep it outside. I will religiously do so till I have it back to life! thanks for all the replies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive been growing cps since i was 13 im almost 30, i didn't say everything you read online is true i simply said I've read info on people doing experiments online with healthier choices of good (I'll have to find the link its a very interesting read) the fact is this is a weak plant and im giving my knowledge on how i Handle the situation personally. I've done plenty of research and share what i read with others but i never claimed that that is the right way and everyone else is wrong. If i was in a learning curve with cps i wouldn't have so many especially VFTs. But yr opinion is your own just like everyone elses. No matter how long you been growing plants you'll never know everything and you'll never do exactly the same same stuff as someone else.

Did u mention what soil yr miguel_migs? Cause maybe yr not over watering maybe its just retaining to much. I think u should post a picture if u can go to photobucket.com and upload a photo of ur plant in current condition and copy the HTML code into yr reply box. Either way im thinking ur worrying a little to much about the plant. I have plants that lost all their traps acclimating and are now producing new traps in masses now that they are used to my temps. Goodluck

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast