What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone assist?

This is my very first vft. It cane in very green with many many traps and new ones growing.
f3f97bf015527055c967ef42ed1d1b32.jpg

And i have done reading and research. I have adjusted the direct sun hours. the amount of water it's getting. I have had many trial and errors and my plant now looks like this.
edd8274f224ff47f2287f2b721552b17.jpg

Is it dead? There is only 1 new trap growing and it is tiny. The one large trap has turned black. I have left it on because the rest of it is still green. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say, just for starters, it needs more light. A whole lot more light.

Wow! Really? Ok...i am on it! Ill try to find a more direct location. Thanks

Find a location and leave it alone, your faffing about is not helping the plant.

Ok... Got ya! So put it in one place and leave it be?!? I will do that!

Make sure you keep it well-watered. A lot of the information out there makes it sound like flytraps will rot if kept remotely as wet as other CPs (definitely not true,) so people get scared and end up dehydrating their plants instead. I'd go a bit easy on the water since the plant is stressed, but keep the soil moist at all times.

Great advice! Thanks!

Dionaea are savannah plants, so while in this state it might not like being put in full sun, you should work toward acclimating it to such. Mine are outdoors in very low humidity, lots of water, and full sun all day long; these grow alongside Sarracenia and are just as hardy.

Back