What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raven

I have a Dente fly trap I bought in Florida. Somehow i got it back into Kentucky without it dying.

I have it under a lamp (not directly) along with my other plants. Its next to a window too, so it has sun light.
By luck I replanted it in Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss and a big pot than what i got it in.It has plenty of water and it isn't cover by plastic.
Here's my question: I know a trap wears out after 3-4 times of it shuting, but all my original pods are dying. Even the new ones that were growning when i bought the plant, yet 3 new pods are growing too. Is this a cycle? Does it drop its pods for new ones? Or is my plant dying?

If i sound completely stupid with these questions, I'm sorry. This is my first fly trap and i know nothing more than the usuall rules of plants. And what i found on the plant care sheet on this web site about fly traps.

Thanks,
RaVeN

Welcome to the forum. I am moving this to the VFT forum for you.
Tony

Good Day Raven! Nice to have you on board. The only thing I can think of is it is in shock from being transplanted. Most people transplant vfts durning the end of the dormancy. It should recover just may take awhile.

Travis

Thanks!!!
I was getting worried i killed it when i replanted it, but then it grew more pods...So coolies.
Now to find some victims for it!
biggrin.gif

hhhm , i wonder why now people call the vft traps pods
rolleyes.gif
, check my care sheet which is in ym signature , its shoudl help you , i think your plant just went through shock when replanting it , or it just wanst to go to dromancy .

Well, its getting near to the dormancy season. If your plant continues to die back and lose traps, don't give up on it and pitch it or anything. It may well come back next spring a robust and healthy plant.

BTW...Welcome to the forums.
biggrin.gif
Hope you stick around and learn some tips and enjoy the community.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Back