What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to flytraps

• Thread starter daluvbg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    flytraps
D

daluvbg

I am wondreing why my flytraps leaf turned black a day or two after eating a small cricket...QQQ
confused.gif

The cricket was probably too large for the trap to handle and bacteria attacked the cricket and the trap. Just cut it off and all should be well.

everytime i try to feed my plants, the trap starts to rot, and i have to cut it off. finally, after a month of feeding them, i decided to just let them do their thing. i leave them outside all day and night, and they do great. they're probably over eating. they seem to get a bug a day, on average. is ths too much? i don't know, we'll see what happens, i guess. luckily, vft's are not real expensive, so if a few die, i won't be out a ton of cash.

technoracer

Yes a bug a day is too much, even though I don't think it is possible to overfeed a Venus flytrap. About 3 insects a month or so is good. Make sure the insects are not to big, about ¾ the size of the trap is good. Thats my 2 cents!

Kevin

EDIT: Welcome to the forums, Daluvbg!

Back