User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: !sos!

Warped54321

Talking

Ok...i have these little things crawling around in my venus flytrap's pot. I don't know if they're fungus gnats or what...but everytime I get a carnivorous plant, those things show up, and about the time they do, the plant dies! I'm sure you all know what it is.

What do I do!?

My plant's planted in one part canadian sphangum Peat and one par Perlite, if that helps.

-warped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you either have mites, fungus nats, or just regular silverfish (is that what they're called? the little white and black dots that hop real high?) I would take the pot, and submers the whole pot, plant and all, into the bucket. leave it there for no more than 3 days, and then take it out. that sould get rid of the little buggers! some may float to the surface, make sure you squish em! Oh, and make sure you use distilled water in the bucket too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    good luck,
    -Spec

Warped54321

Lightbulb

You mean put the thing under water!...I don't think I have that much distilled water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy low-salt water at your near-by supermarket water vending machine for 25 - 35 cents (in most places) per gallon.