Thread: White Mold

I've recently noticed a white mold growing on top of the soil, is this a common thing? I dont have any fungicide to use so I plan on going down to the nursery today and picking some up. What brands work well and wont harm my vft? Are there any special instructions I need to follow when using fungicide on my VFT other than the instructions on the bottle?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Hey Louis,

Not to tout what we have, but the Barot and Cleary 3336 are two of the best things to use for your CP's

The white stuff shouldn't be a problem.

If you are going to find something, Mancozeb ( There is another name but I can't remember ) will work just as fine. Just DON"T use it full strength. Dilute it down 1/2 to 1/4 the recommended dosage.

That will also take care of about everything. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Other than that, I don't know of more.

DON"T do Neem oil! ( just friendly advice [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img])

Thanks jaie, I didnt know if this mold would kill my plants if I left it there for too long, thats why I was wanting to go out and buy something to treat them with asap. I think I'll go ahead and purchase from and maybe add another CP to my collection!

Oswego, New York, U.S.A.
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    A good heavy spraying of the substrate with pure water, or a heavy flushing of the substrate will help to discourage the growth of this fungus short term. Also decrease the humidity and provide some air circulation. I also suggest you keep the plant isolated from anything else in your collection as the fungus can spread by spore dispersal infecting other pots.