What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little white bugs crawling in the soil/peatmoss

Ok, I have noticed these little little bugs moving around my soil, usually blowing a gentle breeze on them will stir them all up and you see them all moving at once, otherwise they can stand still for a while. Are these things harmful? I would like to take a pic, but I really think that they are too small even with my camera's macro mode on.

Naww, I don't think they are harmfull. However, the plant would look nicer without the bugs, so use some sort of insecticide.

Hi Hydro, I have what sounds like the same kinda bugs on the crown of one of my D. Intermedia. I "blow" them off with a couple of blasts of water from my bottle sprayer but they always seem to reappear. I do believe they are feeding off the juices of the plant. I hesitate to use a pesticidem and hope someone on the fourum will have an answer for the problem before they invade my other plants...and yours.
sad.gif

Sounds similar to fruit fly larva...
confused.gif

Wes

Back