Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I did an in interesting experiment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello,
    just becuase i was bored, and curious, i cut off a flytrap leaf and trap, i did not take out any part of the riozhome. well, i brushed my finger in it, and SNAP! it closed without being attached to the riozhome!!! this may prove that the riozhome does not send eletrical signals to the lobes of the flytrap, making the cells greatly expand, closing the trap. What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could a mod change the title of this topic to I did an interesting experiment , rather than I did an in interesting experiment? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

The electracal pulse is formed in the trap it'self and all cells to come in contact with it react regardless of location. This is why plants have been unable to develope the same sort of advanced nervious system as animals, everything is eather on or off, it's just you don't visabley see the other cells react because the mecanics aren't their to amplifie the movment. Of corse, as the pulse moves out from the central point, it gets weeker, thats why plants such a sundew sort of knot up at one point. Very cool isn't it? It's an area of study my schools botanist profs have been working on. Although I think they have chosen to focus on gravitational stimulie at the moment (study all sorts of external plant stimulie). I've heard one of them is actually the guy who figured out how plants know how to grow to get the most light.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I've done this many times with old and dying traps with the same result... but I cut off only the trap and leave the petiole. My fiance was so fascinated when I showed it to her, she asked me to cut one of the healthy traps and show her again... (of course I didn't&#33[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    DOH!