What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New VFT mutation?

I've always had trouble getting red inside the traps of my VFT. Now that my plant is getting red, the red coloration is on the outside of the traps forming a curved line in the middle of each side of the traps (these two traps don't have the line, but do have the brightest coloration). The red is much brighter than the red inside the trap. Here is the photo.
VFT%20RED.jpg

IS THIS A KNOWN MUTATION?

(Edited by Statik2426 at 12:42 am on April 14, 2002)

I haven't heard of that one, but there are so many things that can happen to your plants.

If the whole plant does it, and if you are able to reproduce that through propagation, then you might have something.

On the sheer number of plants that I grow, I am always getting something funky....and it will happen more often in TC plants than in the wild.

I've had that too. After dormancy, a couple of the traps were shut but bright red outside. When they opened they were green inside. I've also had traps turn purple as they were dying.

I have also had red on the inside and outside (pinky colour on outside), but it tends to be on leaves that are on their way out :eek:.

(Edited by Oli G at 7
wow.gif
2 am on April 22, 2002)

Back