Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm, this discussion actually got me thinking...

The common VFTs I have were on sale only recently in the beginning of October. They are still happily giving out a few new traps, although the rate has slowed down.

What do you all think. Should I buffer them into dormancy on my window sill (quite cool there now as it's almost freezing outside) and then pop them in the fridge or should I skip dormancy this year?

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you get them from here?

Hehh... Clownette, My apologies, I am sure you are a fair and shining example of the female clown 'cultivar' of humanity.

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to apologize RamPuppy it was an honest mistake. And as far as that shining example thing goes well, I am doing my best to be. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No RamPuppy, I picked them up in a store in Paris, they had just come in that day, so they haddn't had time to be harmed. They were in perfect shape, and looking quite vigourous.

They had quite a few spring leaves (most are dead now, or will soon be), and they are bringing out autumn leaves now (about one every two weeks.)

I really can't figure out whether the slowed growth is due to need for dormancy or just because my room temp is a bit cooler than ideal (i.e. to skip dormancy or not to skip, that is the question)...

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I personally would find out where the store got them from, get in touch with the grower and ask them if they already had a dormacy period and go from there. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    baring communication, i.e. you can't find the info out.. and it HAS slowed down, you might consider going ahead and adjusting it to your dormancy period...

I say this because if the plant was tissue cultured, it's probably just gone through a massive growth phase any how... but then, as is becoming more often the case around here sometimes, I am pulling that out of my you know what.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12