Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deformed Trap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You let your plant grow flowers !!! This drains the plants energy, so this might be why the plant does not have enough strength to hold up the leaves. Unless you do actually want to get seeds from them, you should cut the flower stems off as soon as they start coming up. I would not cut them off now though, since the plant has already used lots of energy sending up a massive stem. Read the FAQ at http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html to get info on how to do this if you are not sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Wally, that is bizzarre! I LIKE it! but I have NO idea what would have caused it, hmmm, possibly damage to the leaf during development (scarring along one side or something) causing it to spin like that. Cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would say that flowering has caused your leaves to curve, i let my vft's flower all the time and i havnt not had a victim of death yet, it, flowering really makes vft's morph into weird shapes, or greatly decrease the trapping size, but i believe that it is greatly worth the end result of seeing the flower and getting seed [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] i also have some weird *** vft's they look alot like your one trap but there like that all over, but whatever it is i love it! oyu shoudl enjoy your special vft if it isnt the flower draining it energy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought the vtf a couple weeks ago...the pictures with it flowering are from about a week and half ago... i cut it off after i got those pictures... but the funny thing is... the traps are bigger than i have ever seen any on any vtf before... and it still didn't seem like it stole much energy out of it... i would have liked to let it flower... but no one has actually recommended it... maybe i will next year... but i don't know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same old story, different thing i'm gonna talk about though....

Ok, I saw this VFT at a store where they cant take care of CPs, and there werent many left, and they were all dying. I chose the one that looked like grass, with small heads at the end. There was a small clump, and it looked like grass, thin thin thin thin petioles with a half cm trap at the end... none were open, juts a mall nub. Itook it home, un potted it, and there were SIX babies, light starved babies. That explaints why they look like grass. Anyhow, they were all twisted, and thin, like that one trap u have. Maybe it developed under the shade of the leaf that it is corkscrewing around??? That is my idea, but wutever, if it doenst work, please disregard... hehehheehe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sure there's no aphids anywhere on your VFT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a couple of pics of the curly low lying leaves of my vft (bearing in mind it is recovering from re-potting! - but I am told it will be okay?!?)

http://www30.brinkster.com/og9840/vft1.jpg

http://www30.brinkster.com/og9840/vft2.jpg

Do you think think this is to do with humidity? I was thinking of getting a propagator with air holes etc. to put it in as it lies on a north facing window (receiving less light at the moment in England).

Good idea? Or not?

Replies greatly welcomed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it is actually to do with humidity personally. I grow many of my VFTs on a windowsill in NW England with no humidity problems. I suspect it is probably the flowering that caused it and it's not unknown for VFTs to do all sorts of weird things, such as double traps and traps being grown on flower stems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast