User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 23

Thread: I got my VFT!!!!!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    651
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey all, i just got my VFT, i carefully removed the top plastic and the plastic lining that was with the top and NONE of the traps are dead! they all look very healthy, i am mad becuase there is no sun now and i have a quesiton, with the tray that comes with it on the bottom, if i fill that w/ water can it get to the soil of the VFT so it can drink it from there? thanks all! i am very happy! thank you jaie and phil!!!!!!
    -Stefano

    (Edited by Stefano1 at 2:43 pm on Feb. 6, 2002)

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Stefano,
    Yes, placing water in the tray will let it soak up plenty of water, but remember to use only distilled water (not spring water).

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    651
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spring water? spring water has chlorine and stuff in it too? i thought it was only tap water..... and i thought spring water was good. i didnt water w/ spring water. i just thought spring water had no chemicals in it

  4. #4
    BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Edmonds WA
    Posts
    1,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No spring water doesn't have chlorine but it does have minerals which also should be avoided cause the plants are just picky that way.
    Oh and I don't know if you have checked out some of the older posts which I strongly recomend but you should also water vft by adding the water into the tray not the pot.
    Oh and not to be negative but don't stress out too much if a few of the traps die. Sometimes the plants go into shock from getting shipped and being in a different enviroment. If that does happen it will usually pass in about 2 weeks.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    651
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so dont water it from the top?


  6. #6
    BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Edmonds WA
    Posts
    1,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope:) just pour it into the tray

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use distilled or clean stream / river water. Keep the pot permanently in a flower pot saucer of the water.
    Your plant will be ok on a windowsill, it'll start growing properly in say April.

  8. #8
    Nepenthes Specialist nepenthes gracilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY Z-5a
    Posts
    6,341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm....Does anyone sleep anymore? [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] I am looking at the times most of you posted and your all early people! You guys must be soo anxious to come to the forums to check out new posts ya can't sleep!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •