What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic to share

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
gotcha!.jpg

They just LOVE those daddy long leggs!
biggrin.gif

Wow! He just chomped down on that thing, didn't he? If he takes that big of a bite then he will have a stomach ache for quite a while. Anyways, that is a cool pic. We have daddy long-legs here, but my vfts have never gotten any before. Wonder why?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pressure @ July 30 2003,07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow! He just chomped down on that thing, didn't he? If he takes that big of a bite then he will have a stomach ache for quite a while. Anyways, that is a cool pic. We have daddy long-legs here, but my vfts have never gotten any before. Wonder why?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Water in the trays might prevent bugs from crawling up the pot and getting caught in the traps. maybe let the tray dry out for a little while?
smile.gif

Spec,
They're actually in one of those window boxes with the attached trays, so that's not really an option. I'm not too worried, thoug. This doesn't always rot the trap. They do sometimes open up afterwards completely healthy. The plants seem to like the meals, too, as they produce plenty of replacement traps in the event that one does rot off.

Back