Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ooooops...i need help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im gonna replant them right away, but do u think they'll have a good chance of surviving? or should i make some leaf cuttings just in case? how long does it take a leaf cutting to root, and become a full plant?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the plants will be fine if they don't already show signs of dying such as wilting leaves and such. I would only do the leaf cuttings as a last ditch effort as it might put more stress on the plants. I would add to unknownclown's instructions that you gently rinse the plants roots off with distilled/rain/RO water to remove any soil or fertilizer that might be tangled in the roots.
    VFT's are grown in sphagnom moss but it needs sand or vermiculite mixed in to keep it from packing down over time and smothering the roots. Canadian sphagnum peat moss is the most often recommended as it has the right acidity and is less likely to have leaves, sticks, or other debree mixed in it.
    The sand needs to be of a good quality. Sand from beaches (ocean or fresh water) tend to have a lot of salts and minerals in them that can damage the roots.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replant!
    The longer you wait the more harm done by the fertilizer sometimes it doesnt just happen over night but prolonged exposure will burn the roots. Flushing would take forever!

Dont do leaf cuttings unless you think the plant is on its way out it isnt the easiest thing in the world to get them to take root either.

Just keep it simple take the plants out when you do pour some water in a bowl take the plants and swish them around to get the soil off of the roots its a good way also to make sure you dont damage the roots

They will be fine just dont wait too long like I said, the longer they are exposed to the fertilized soil the more they are at risk of kicking the proverbial bucket.
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12