User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did everything right, still dying . . . help!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never tried it. I never even thought about what it'll do.
    There's only one way to find out what it'll do, but remember you're risking your plant.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hi, welcome! not to say it is the problem. i just wonder how you are getting distilled water with a ppm of about 30? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img] all distilled waters i have ever seen read 0 ppm. just by the process of which it is made. are you refering to reverse osmosis water maybe?
    Later,
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]2-->
    Quote (psyconautR @ April 10 2003,06[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]2)
    I forgot to mention, the plants are still in the little 3 inch pots I bought them in, which are resting in plastic cups, which are inside the terrarium. I think the problem might be root rot, as I let water sit in the bottom of the cups, which was constantly evaporating and keepin the bottom of the pots fairly saturated. Does anyone know how VFTs might respond to small doses of peroxide? Let's say 1ml of 3% for ever liter of water?[/QUOTE]
    Ah! No, not a weak plant. Bad bad bad!... granted it would eather hurt the plant or decompose so fast that nothing would happen anyways, but still, bad!

Just let them start to be less saturated.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

psyconautR
    Really? Just to make sure, you are aware that adding peroxide to the water is very beneficial to a lot of plants, right? Are VFT's just more sensitive in general? What if I allowed it, say, 18 hours or so to decompose in the water, that way I'd just have aerated water?

psyconautR
    [/QUOTE]i just wonder how you are getting distilled water with a ppm of about 30? all distilled waters i have ever seen read 0 ppm. just by the process of which it is made. are you refering to reverse osmosis water maybe?
    [QUOTE]

No, I'm pretty sure it says distilled water on the bottle. I see 3 possibilities: 1)my ppm meter isn't properly calibrated, or something's wrong with it, 2)I didn't allow the meter enough time to adjust to the water temperature, 3)safeway has crappy distilled water.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I recently bought two ppm testers. and I bought a bag of that calibrator stuff. turned out both of them were pretty far off. I would recommend getting some and checking it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote (psyconautR @ April 12 2003,05:17)
    Really? Just to make sure, you are aware that adding peroxide to the water is very beneficial to a lot of plants, right? Are VFT's just more sensitive in general? What if I allowed it, say, 18 hours or so to decompose in the water, that way I'd just have aerated water?[/QUOTE]
    The chemistry of CP soil is very different from other plants. VFT's grow in O2 poor soils and upping the amount in the soil will only serve to help any unwanted critters in their.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (psyconautR @ April 11 2003,3:17)
    ...What if I allowed it, say, 18 hours or so to decompose in the water, that way I'd just have aerated water?[/QUOTE]

The cheapest way to aerate water is to fill a water jug to full of water and shake it vigorously for 30 to 45 seconds or until your arm comes off. Which ever occurs first [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] .
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast