User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Flytrap Story

MorbidMacaroni

Arrow

Last night, I left my door open for about 2 hours, letting bunches of bugs in. The first bug I caught was a ladybug, nd I fed it to Gidget (my green dragon). Then, I found a moth and fed it to my little bro's green dragon. My little brother's flytrap is huge for just being shipped.
    Later that night, I saw a spider crawling on the ceiling. I kept trying to trap it in a baggie and then I trapped it in a Rubbermaid container. I put it in the freezer to desensitize it, because it was a purplish color and had some big fangs.
    I took the container out after two minutes, and it was still moving! Not quite as quick though.
    After many attempts, I gave up and finally just killed it and put it in one of Gidget's heads. He closed a little, but not a lot. I looked and he wasn't emitting acid.
    I put an earring in there and jiggled it to get the trap to close. It wouldn't. So, I left him overnight.
    This morining, he still didn't eat it, so I threw the body away.

I don't know why I wrote this... but a lot of people like stories about VFT.
    ~Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. hehehe thats pretty funny.
    lol
    \"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?\"

\"If vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?\" - Brandonk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Keep us updated on how the trap with the ladybug does. I heard rumors that ladybugs kill traps, and I wanted to know if it's true. Interestingly, D'Amato's book has a picture of a VFT eating a ladybug - as though he approves of the practice. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

MorbidMacaroni

Arrow

The ladybug trap is alright as of now. It's been about 26 hours now.

~Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every year during the fall, ladybug start coming into my room, wondering around. But when I left for school one day and returned [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] some of the traps were closed. Wondering what it could be as I lift the pot and put the trap next to a light. There it had shown a silohette of a ladybug. Anyway a couple of days later, the trap began to turn brown. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got some ladybugs to eat other bugs and they got ate them selves and the traps that caught the ladybugs all died and they're just starting to come back (did I already tell this story oh well) they did have 3 and 4 ladybugs in each traps o that might have made tham all die

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup even my large vfts turn black when they eat those. I have heard of some making it thru without the trap dieing but its not something I personally like to risk.
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking around my garden today for ladybugs actually because one of my flytraps has a few aphids on it and they all ran down into the base b4 i could get rid of em. It's winter here now in Australia and it is very cold where i live,luckily we moved b4 autumn-it is much colder here than it was where i was living b4 so my plants are getting a much needed rest. Anyway i said that cause most people would just say dunk it in some distilled water, but i can't cause it is dormancy time. Anyway i better go and see if i can find any ladybugs.