What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooting powder?

has anyone ever tried using a rooting powder one vft cutting to try and get quicker results?

peace,
techno...

I say, BIG NO NO. It seems to me that would be just like fertilizing it.

I have taken only one leaf cutting and I did use a rooting powder. However, I do not believe it actually helped any as the leaf must first start to bud. Once the bud(s) forms, new leaves start to develope at the budded areas and soon after a small root system forms at each bud.

i've used it before , but i'm still waiting for results but the plants seem ok , i don't see how it could be a fertilizer ?

people use it, but VFT's tend to be super rooters anyway so I don't know if it helps. I've never used it and all my cutting have rooted.

well, as dormancy is approaching, i decided to take a bunch of cuttings today. i took cuttings of all of my mature vfts. i soaked all of them in superthrive, and dipped half of them in rooting powder. nos, i'll just have to wait and see what happens!

peace,
technoracer

Back